Haynesworth has picked Malcolm Kelly for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, the last time Albert voiced his opinion about MR not doing his job, he signed Kearse and Crumpler.
    That was enough to shut him up for a month or so. Now MR isn't looking to do anything, and Al knows it, so he feels the need to speak.

I'd do the same. MR doesn't seem to get what his job is. And it isn't "managing the cap".

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It was definitely Albert that spurred him into action...

I don't think you get what MR's job is.

I was happy with MR when I asked Chad Speck (Albert's agent), what he thought about Reese compared to MR. He said that Reese was easy to deal with, and you could usually get what you wanted from him. He said MR was one of the the stricter negotiators he had worked against, and made you work for everything that you got in each contract.

The other side of MR's job is on Saturday...

3. Deuce Wayne

Basically, MR is a tight wad that doesn't want to take a risk to better the franchise. He'd rather play it safe, stay in his office watching Seinfeld re-runs collecting a pay check.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

what do we need, in your opinion?

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Dinger's offense calls for a speedster that can stretch the field ....
    someone more like a DeSean Jackson or Devin Thomas

Malcolm Kelly is more of a possession receiver who run's like a 4.7 - 40
    according to NFLDC, he's the second slowest WR of a list of 65
    he's not going to get much after the catch

and besides all that, BOTH of his knees are suspect

a slow, 224lb WR with two bad knees ? ...... pass

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

TJ's right. AH is not helping anything by criticizing his boss (and his team, by the way). If anything, that is a good way to get him a ticket out of town. Maybe that's what he wants.

Perhaps he should sign a contract and help his team gel? Perhaps he should get in good enough shape so that he can survive a whole season. Perhaps he should run a little more so we don't have to take him out of the game every 5th or 6th snap. Maybe he should voice his opinion to someone that isn't obviously trying to exploit him for a headline. I'm sure we would be a more attractive FA destination if he would sign a contract, but I guess it's easier to criticize than make it happen, right Al?

Look Al, you hit people. That's what you do. Do what you do and leave anything thinking related to someone more qualified.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

So, we can agree that Vince and the rest of offense had absolutely nothing to do with us getting into the playoffs?

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

It's Mike Williams! We need another of him! :sarcasm:

One of the few ways to blow this pick is to draft Kelly. He's a ungrateful bum who's headed towards becoming a bust. IMO, the only 2 WRs worthy of the #24 pick are Devin Thomas and Limas Sweed.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I wouldn't argue with that at all. We definitely need to improve our offense. But it's not Haynesworth's job to talk down about our offense and to be critical of our front office.

Gloat, how you got "Seinfield-watching tight wad" out of tough negotiator baffles me. Because taking care of your money is SO overrated, right? :irked:

10. Deuce Wayne

Yes. Anyone can manage money well if they never spend it. His job is to supply us with enough talent to grow, while taking care of our money.

He only does half his job. The easiest half. And if last year's any indication, his drafting skills suck as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar