Haynesworth gets 5 game suspension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Other comments from the press conference:

Fisher is satisfied with NFL's penalty. Did not comment on criminal or civil charges which may come about.

Said Haynesworth was notified and remains embarrassed with his actions. Will gain a roster spot. Looking for help at DT.

Said that whether or not he is in the team's long-term plans will be based on how Haynesworth deals with this situation.

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Haynesworth Suspended Five Games

SUMMARY: Titans DT Albert Haynesworth has been suspended without pay for five games for flagrant unnecessary roughness against Andre Gurode of the Dallas Cowboys in Sunday's Cowboys-Titans game in Nashville. NFL Director of Football Operations Gene Washington issued the suspension, which is effective immediately. Haynesworth is eligible to return to the field on Nov. 19 for the Titans' game at Philadelphia. Commissioner Roger Goodell said that misconduct will not be tolerated in the NFL. "There is absolutely no place in the game, or anywhere else, for the inexcusable action that occurred in yesterday's Titans-Cowboys game," Commissioner Goodell said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fair enough

5. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

if I understand how it works, his roster spot becomes open once the suspension is enacted. I assume that means we can sign whomever we can find, and fill the spot. After the suspension, that person would be cut or moved. Regardless, some poor guy on the practice squad will be getting his walking papers.

6. Justice has been done, lets move on...

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Hand 'em to Lamont and let's get it over with. Or Roydell Drop Williams.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

haynesworth has been punished enough. 5 games from what he loves to do, five game checks gone and something that will follow him for the rest of his career.

i think the public flogging he's taken the past day and a half hurts more than the suspension and the money.

9. maisis00

maisis00 Guest

What a Weak Punishment

I am in shock at that sorry excuse for a punishment. Albert Haynesworth should be banned from the NFL for life. I have become a fan of the Titans since Vince Young has joined the team as I have always been an die-hard Texas Longhorns fan. But I was completely shocked at Albert Haynesworth and even more shocked by the laughable punishment he received.

It really does not matter that it happened in a football game, what Haynesworth did was assault and with his metallic shoes and massive body weight it should be assault with a deadly weapon with intention to do harm. He should be given a life time ban from the NFL and charged with assault. The League needs to send a clearer message of zero tollerance on the horrific behavior. Too many young kids at the NFL players as idols and for them to look at what happened they may laugh at the punishment and even replicate it in the future. Someone could be really seriously injured next time. Five games may be most of a season but hey whatever if Albert Haynesworth can get away with so can I, right.

10. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I think the punishment is not severe enough. I was thinking eight games to a year.......with a fine that has not yet been matched in professional sports....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar