Haynesworth Critical of Titans' Slow Start in Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i meant they will be like the 07 bengals...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Who is this other "Bengals" you speak of, because the team in Cincinnati never overpays and they rarely if ever attract or sign free upper tier free agents.

3. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i meant bad character guys... the bengals had 8 players last year that had run in w/ the police... also the bengals have a bunch of bad locker room guys that care about themsellves not the team thats why they have underachieved for the last 2yrs ... it was well known to anyone who followed football last year that the bengals had lot of bad character guys and were mad fun of all year and their head coach was critizized for drafting and signing criminals.. the browns signed shaun rodgers a known under achiever who has been rumered too have plenty of locker room issues donte stalworth a player that will be on his 4th team in 4yrs who also plays when he wants to and complains about not getting the ball enough.. then you have brady quinn who is making it publicly known that he thinks he should be the starter and then you have another locker room vice in kellen winslow jr...the browns are cooking a recipe for disaster..do you understand now????

4. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

AMEN albert....AMEN!

also we should sign as many mediocore WR's as we can......because atleast thats an upgrade over BAD wr's

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With Albert talking about how soooooooo deep Bud's pockets are, I'm sure contract negotiations are going real well.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

exactly what I was thinking.

I can hear FAs elbow comming all disjointed from here

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

No I'm not.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Let's hope this does not pose a sign of how Al's contract negotiations will go.

We cannot continue to play with young, inexperienced talent. At some point, the guys get that experience, play well and as a result will command the money.
    Apparently they then leave because we consider them over-valued by other teams.

I am not the GM and I have to believe they know what they are doing, but I understand Al's issues. Only one side of the Dline is now worth a crap. Unless you bring in Kearse and someone else as a tag team or trade for Jason Taylor, who I still believe could play well with KVB on the other side, then we are back at square on on Dline. Don't blame Al for his comments.

I know people keep saying its early and there may be players come along later...but who...and when? After camp?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

(in the voice of that announcer guy who pops up in the backseat in those commercials)

It was 1999. A young man deemed "The Freak" by the Ol' Ball Coach was taken with the 16th pick in the NFL Draft. That player went on to record 14.5 sacks and become the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year as the Titans went on to play in the franchise's first Super Bowl. The rest, as they say, is history...

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I understand exactly where Big AL is coming from. Nobody wants the FO to be stupid with the CAP but wouldn't it make sense if they came out and signed Berrian for 7 mil a year and then had that as an excuse for letting Bell, Odom and LaBoy walk? When you don't sign Berrian and YOU STILL LOSE Bell, Odom and LaBoy it does make us scratch our head. Maybe a focus on getting Gage, Crumpler and Berrian signed but doing so means you have to make some tough decisions on other postions makes some sense. Just sitting on your hands and still not having a #1 WR, no LDEs and losing an OG does look a little strange does it not?

I really think AH and most fans would be much more at ease if we had kept Odom at least because from AH's point of view, and mine we have lost much more than we gained so far and if the objective is to make the team better it is not happening atleast from what we can see so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar