Hawk's Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

"Hawk was clocked at 4.49 and 4.42 in the 40."

A fast track but still impressive. Does this move him up?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

to where?

San Fran should take him at 6.

Theoretically he could be taken by all top 6 teams, but i dont think one of those will take him with the chance of getting a good LB in the second.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

A 4.42 is absurd for a LB of his size. I knew he was fast, but damn.

4. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

That has to be totally false. He ran a 4.6 at the combine, and now a 4.4 at the pro day? I'm sorry but you don't get faster by 2 tenths of a second faster after what? 2 weeks?

NFL timings are wrong as is (most NFL stars would by olympic gold medallists) but to lose .2 and nothing said?

5. TitanJeff

A great case to force players to run at the Combine or not at all.

6. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

in a perfect world we would take hawk. im tired of our defense sucking every year! and who knows we can land a nice qb 2nd round.. omar jacobs?? what happened to his hype?

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think Troy Flemming ran a 4.6 at the combine and then a 4.47 at the UT PD. Lots of these places have "fast tracks" for their players to run on. It is impressive that he's running similar times to DB's and WR's, but it's also not an exact science anyway with a stopwatch.

They didn't list his weight, and it's possable he's lost some and running a little faster.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm not surprised. The timing on these drills consist of a guy holding a stopwatch, there's no automatic electronic clock for the most part (I can't rule out that some places use them, but I have my doubts). For a guy holding a stopclock to be a little slow on the start and a little fast on the finish easily makes up .2 of a second. The link below is a really good read on why you shouldn't put too much stock in the 40 times.

http://www.olympic-usa.org/11611_32384.htm

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Reading your post has me wondering why they don't just make it all electronic.

10. TitanJeff

If the 40 was that important to these NFL teams, you'd think they would go to great efforts to standardize it. They'd make all run on the same turf. It would be electronically timed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar