Hawkins and Sheppard,...Don't underestimate em.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cutter10, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

BCS is corrupt and a broken system

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

SEC has also paid for the last 5...

Almost all 5 of those have a major asterisk beside them. Scam Newton? Serious? Colt McCoy handing it to Bama? Florida in games they shouldnt have even played in?? Short memory for the SEC homers.

Dirtiest conference in the nation- barely better than any other... in trouble every year- yet no one notes how much they cheat. Sort of wipes out their success.

And it's not hard to make the NC game when it's handed to you every year. Beat all the crappy SEC teams on your roster and you're in... what a joke.

As soon as there's a playoff system, the SEC hype will die.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

While I don't necessarily agree with everything you said, I do agree with this.

The SEC, just like every other conference, has off years, so handing the winner of the SEC a spot in the NC is a bit silly. And honestly, if you put a team like Oklahoma or Nebraska or, hell, even Boise State in the SEC, I think they would do just as well as most SEC teams.

I do believe the SEC has a higher concentration of top tier programs, but for someone to suggest that a solid program from another conference couldn't hang in the SEC is a bit ludicrous.

Doubt we'll ever get a playoff system though. It's a shame, because including such a thing is really the only fair way to crown a NC. Hell, I don't believe the #1 or #2 team was in the NC game last year.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I've said it 1million times here:

The argument isn't whether the SEC is the best or not. They are.

It's more that they're not that far above everyone else, and they have every advantage possible- including more recruiting scandals than any other conference.

5. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

As long as the SEC keeps winning National championships, the argument is really mute, Boise State just beat a Georgia team that could lose up to 4 games this year, so they get no notch in their belt, but they'll run the table with their weak schedule and get tossed to an SEC lion in the national championship game an get BAMBOOZED !!!

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Most likely every conference has schools violating recruitment rules.......they just haven't been busted yet.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Happen to catch the LSU/Oregon game? I'm not an LSU fan but their D absolutely shredded Oregon's O.

8. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Nebraska killed Colt and that crappy Texas team in the Big 12 title game and got robbed because the Texas 12 refs put time back on the clock. Suh's name got put on the map because of that game. Texas didn't even deserve to play for the national title that year

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

lmao

people really don't know jack about college football.

7/13 BCS Championships. 5 in a row.

SEC SEC SEC
    SEC SEC SEC
    SEC SEC SEC
    SEC SEC SEC

10. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

Georgia was being very hyped as a good team. Bosie handled them too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar