Hasselbecks reaction to all this:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I wonder if he'll be as calm when we release his a$s

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Probably, he's guaranteed a starting job for another team...

3. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Hass is a 7.8 mill cap hit this year

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, will likely actually have a couple of choices. One, IMO, would be with the Colts. They will need a vet, and with the new rookie cap rules, that would be very doable.

Which takes me to my point....I really see us trading him for whatever we can get if we do get Peyton. We will want to try to control where he goes I think.

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I think so too. Like I said...Matt's been around the block a few times..this is what his 14th..15th season? Its not like hes a new guy trying to get a chance and show what he can do. He's on the back end of his career. I dont see why he would be so upset

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I honestly think that Hasselbeck would do well in Indianapolis. It gives him more chances to throw and they have more offensive weapons...wait, they used to...

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah he's a class act. I do really like the guy. It honestly wouldn't surprise me much if he ended up with the Colts backing up Luck, assuming he can't get a starting gig elsewhere.

I really don't think he's "guaranteed a starting job" if we get rid of him. I could see Miami being interested. MAYBE Cleveland or Arizona. But I think they'd stick with what they have. Especially Arizona. I don't think they'd give up on Kolb after only one year for Matt Hasselbeck. Peyton Manning is a different story entirely.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Hasselbeck is better than Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, Josh Freeman, etc...

He'll get a starting spot on a team...probably starting until the rookie takes helm.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Gotta feel bad for him.

His only chances to start would be with Dolphins, Colts, Browns, Jags, or go back to the Seahawks. He would be screwed with any of those teams.

Browns would really be the most likely. The rest would be kind of a reach... The Dolphins will get Flynn. The Seahawks want to move on. The Colts want Luck to start from the beginning. The Jags think Gabbert should start - because they're dumb.

10. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I really have a lot of respect for Hass, true class act and true professional

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar