Hasselbeck on Locker: "He's off the Charts"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The O-line is where it all starts, if thats worse which it was, then yea you better believe we'll under perform.

2. JCBRAVE

Man you do realize 9/10 people would tell you we had no business even being in that game.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Oh I know he played great in that game and I loved every second of it. He just failed at the end when it mattered most. Im gonna hope it was just b/c he was young and not that he doesnt have the clutch gene!

4. JCBRAVE

I've watched many great QB's fail early on. I can't tell you how many times I watched Ladainian Tomlinson march his offense down the field only to see Drew Brees throw 3 short passes and set up FG's instead of TD's.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I really hate how much the league has changed in terms of developing a QB. With all these young guys having so much success early if a QB isn't a pro bowler within three years he sucks and we should move on from him. For decades in the NFL guys were drafted and expected to sit and learn behind a veteran. That system produced some of the best QBs of all time.It works.

Of course there will always be guys who come out of college ready but It's like Adrian Peterson's knee injury. Because AP's comeback was so inhumanly fast now the severity of the injury is minimized and everyone is expected to come back in less than a year when it was previously expected to take 2 full season to recover. Added to that if the guy can't recover that fast we question their work ethic and say "If you were working hard like AP you'd be back fast too".

Not every guy is gonna light the league on fire in his first few years. The league hasn't changed as much as people think it has. Some guys still need time to develop and before we even drafted him we knew Jake was one of those guys. He has the right character and the right tools all he needs is time but people are too damn impatient to give him that. It's so frustrating being part of a fast food society that wants everything now. People complain about welfare, medicare etc, but the real American entitlement is instant gratification. Our new motto should be "It's my money and I want it now!"

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. JCBRAVE

Colt McCoy may not help Jake's case, but that kid took big steps from his 1st year starting to his 2nd.

Players improve a lot in their early years.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

And then his FO drafted a 27 yr old rookie to replace him. I'm not a Browns fan but I'm still mad about that. I know it's totally irrational but I hate Weeden for it even though it's not his fault.

8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Totally agree. Every team is expected to produce winning teams and they are expected to do it overnight when usually it's just not possible. Look at Texans, it took Kubiack 6 seasons to win the division in '11. If they had said, sorry you didn't make it after 3 years, your out, it might never have changed for them. How many coach changes have the Browns & Raiders had in past 10 yrs, TOO many to count. And they have continued to suck year after year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansWillWin2

That's America and that's the way it is always going to be. If you dont like it, then you can get the **** out! MERICA!!!

10. TitansWillWin2

Continuity is important but sometimes you got to know when to pull the plug! Kubiack should not be the Texans head coach. He is a terrible head coach and the texans demise will soon show its ugly head real fast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar