Hasselbeck Not Adjusting Well?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Actually, the lockout made the next 10 years of NFL much better then the last 10. Sure, this is the rough part. However, think about the rookie wage scale, the leverage teams have with players who hold out, and the fact that an 18 game season is an idea of the past. This lockout got a lot of things accomplished that needed to be accomplished

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I really wanted to convert two of those exhibition games into real games.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'd rather just do away with them. 18 games is too much. People will die

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not sure that I agree that people will die, but I agree that 18 regular season games are too many. I think that it will shorten player careers, and it will dilute level of play due to fatigue and injuries.

16 works fine for me...if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I got too pay for those 'games' and I really don't care about injuries that have not happened

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hate to break it to you overnight Locker fans...

but he is not half the QB Matt Hasselbeck will be when the season starts.

Sorry. He's just not.

And if we're lucky Hasselbeck or whoever will play well enough to where Jake has at least 1-2 seasons to learn. He's way too raw. Vince Young part 2 if he goes in early. Simply dink-dunk or interception.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Deuce is predicting one of our guys will suck? That's unusual...

He does come in with a similar skill set as Vince. Locker appears to have a lot of advantages though: apparently high work ethic, a cannon arm, a much stronger body (stronger dude in general), and is very accurate throwing on the run. I agree, he is very raw, but seems much more coach-able then Vince was. Only time will tell

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Every one of our guys I predicted to suck has sucked. Even Michael Griffin finally gave in...

I don't think Locker will suck. I think he'll be suitable in about a year or 2. Never anything great, because he simply doesn't have "it". But he can be serviceable.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

He's a tough football player and his teammates (at least at Washington) seemed to rally around him. Dude has something..

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This is fully expected.

However, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to any player that has sucked over the past year or two. How can you perform at 100% with all the drama around this team? We had players taking sides, fighting with other players and coaches, etc. That's why I'm expecting a bounce back season, some forget we actually do have talent on this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar