Hasselbeck Not Adjusting Well?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

That's good to hear. He is at best the 3rd best QB on our team though. Naturally I hope our team doesn't have to play our 3rd string or emergency QB in regular season games.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not surprising...this is a product of the lockout. As I have been saying, we are going to start out rough as Matt and/or Jake learns the offense and/or NFL, but we will be a "tough out" by the end of the season IMO.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The $9mil includes his signing bonus is why.

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

We will be fine at QB. Its still early. I'm more concerned with CJ learning the playbook in time and blending chemistry wise with Matt or Jake. Kenny too for that matter.

5. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

The lockout has ruined everytying and thrown everybody off guard and off pattern.

6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Hasselbeck has been in the WestCoast for years and most QBs say it's one of the toughest terminology offenses to learn. The OC may have to change a few of their words to help him along but if he can learn WCO he should be able to learn about any offense.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I was suprised to hear we have an offense.

8. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

I was saying awhile back that Jake would have a headstart on any FA QB they bring in because of the time he spent with the playbook and throwing/building chemistry with the receivers during the lockout.

And that if the plan is to develop Jake the offense then its likely that Palmer is designing the offense around Jake.

Imo any FA QB is gonna struggle when they're basically running plays/an offense designed for another QB.

BTW-Does anyone know where PFT gets these quotes from?
    I googled the quotes the quotes originate from that PFT talk story or from twitter there isn't an interview or a video of Palmer saying that Hasselbeck is struggling.

9. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

This is completely expected. Hasselbeck's working hard and staying humble about his role here. We should be happy about that. We'll be fine when it comes to Jacksonville in Week 1.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

For a starting NFL QB? Think again, pal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar