Hasselbeck better remain Starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

I know this isnt what ppl want but hear me out....

1. to save face for the coaches and show they are somewhat consistent with their decision making. Hasselbeck is supposedly their man and starting Locker now would be asinine because everyone would come out questioning them on why Locker didnt start earlier

2. To lose more games, Locker can start next season and he's played enough this year already to have somewhat of an understanding of how the NFL works. This team needs a good draft pick and only way by doing that is to continue to lose by playing Hass. Any win from this point on would be pointless and Locker can go in at the end of the games when were down by 3 touchdowns

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I want us to start Hasselbeck the last two games so we lose both and get a better draft pick.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

im not watching another game if hasselbeck is the starter

That said, I dont' want Locker to save Munchak because playoffs are still a real possibility as long as the Jets lose 2 very losable games.

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

MH is dinged up and his arm is crap.

Locker starts, period. It is silly that he would come in late in todays game if they didnt intend to start him the rest of the season.

Jets will lose 2 games down the stretch... if not it doesnt matter anyway.

You play your best players. Losing another game or 2 wont change draft position that much. It isnt worth it. Win the games and have a shot at playoffs.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't want him to be the starter but I wouldn't be shocked if he were.

6. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

What about Cincy? They'd still need to lose two as well wouldn't they?

That said, hoping to lose for a better draft pick is a loser's attitude. Start Jake, he needs the experience.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

sad but true

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

And what about the Bengals?

If we can't beat the Colts, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think that if Munchak comes back with Hassleback now, I will turn against him. Now is the time for Locker to take over....

That said, I am not under any illusion that he is going to come in and be Aaron Rodgers right away....he is going to make mistakes...several IMO, and we all need to realize that, and have some patience.

The Locker era is upon us IMO.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

your more level headed about it than me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar