Hasselbeck And His Long Term Future In Tennessee......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Hasselbeck is the best backup QB we as the Titans ever had. I say backup if he sits behind locker this year

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

1. People need to stop asking questions about a players contract especially when it is the main topic of a thread. Roto is a site that has specific contract info just search players name contract roto you get it. Not being mean but it gets a little tiring.

2. Rusty will never be a viable option for anything.

3. Only if hass shows significant decline due to age this season will he not be back in 2013. They like him mentoring and backing up Locker.

So for the next 2 years our QB situation is set in my opinion.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would rate him even with Neil O'donnell. We were 6-2 in games O'donnell started from 99-03. 4-1 in that stretch in 99.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You do realize Matt Hasselbeck is under contract with the Titans. He was at no point this offseason available to anyone. So that might explain why Miami, Cleveland, and Jacksonville didn't pursue him. That would be tampering, which isn't allowed.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

As long as his "long term future" involves him holding this...

[​IMG]

a whole lot more than this...

[​IMG]

Then I'm thrilled to have him. A high quality backup is a great luxury to have.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

And at the time the texans had one of the worst pass Ds in NFL history.

Also he has done NOTHING in preseason he just another fisher guy that has to go.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If Locker takes over then it would be great to have Hasselbeck as our backup.If anything happens with Locker at least we know that Hasselbeck could come in and pick it up without too much of a downslide.I never understood teams that kept one good QB and had no viable number two and a great example would be Indy because as soon as Manning went down they were screwed because they did not have a quality backup.It pays to keep a durable number two on the roster that way if your starter does go down at least you know the backup can come in and get things done.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If we are a playoff caliber team, I'm sure Hasselbeck would want to backup Locker to at least have a chance at a ring. I see him here through the 2013 season.

9. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Maybe I should have clarified more thoroughly. I was talking about last off season, the 2011 off season that began right after the lockout was lifted. None of those teams attempted to go after him before the 2011 season when he was a free agent.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That could have been due to the fact we pounced on him so quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar