Training Camp Hasselbeck’s camp interceptions start to add up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't remember Hass ever getting shoulder or elbow injury. I remember him getting a calf injury and even prior to that, sucking, and after the injury, still sucking. And I remember Locker coming in for him and actually scoring points.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think that Jake fits the Run n Shoot offense much more than MH. Not just because MH is immobile and a rough sack away from retirement, but because Jake has a cannon arm and a much higher ceiling.

The way I see it, MH might get us to 8-8, but Jake might get us to 12-4 or 13-3. My expectations might be too high but it's because I really believe in Jake.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

As JBCrave has corrected me it was an elbow injury, not a shoulder injury, that Hasselbeck suffered. I was fuzzy on the details but my point remains valid. Hasselbeck suffered an injury to his throwing arm and after that his effectiveness dropped off significantly. Locker should have been starting those games because he was healthier and better then an injured Matt Hasselbeck.

It's funny that you all want to jump of training camp interceptions but when Locker was having issues completing passes training camp statistics didn't matter. I am going to say it again. TRAINING CAMP STATISTICS DON'T MATTER. They are not a cut and dry indicator of a players readiness for a season.

I am tired of the majority or the pro Jake Locker camp acting like Matt Hasselbeck has no use as our starter. I am tired of the asinine comments like "I think we'll be 11-5 if Locker starts and 2-14 if Hasselbeck starts." I am sick of people calling Matt Hasselbeck an ineffective QB last season when all he did was post one of the best seasons of his career and the best season a Titans QB has had since McNairs co-MVP year.

Do I think Matt Hasselbeck is done? No. I do not believe that a QB that passed for 3,500 yards last year is done. I do not believe that one of the NFL most effective signal callers in the red zone is done. I do not believe that the man who was the only reason we were respectable on offense last season is done and if you do then you are a fool.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

The only reason we were respectable was because our young defense finally starting getting it together, not MH's spectacular :crazy: play. Last season even average QBs were throwing for insane #s yardage-wise, and while 3,500 yards passing is nothing to scoff at it isn't very impressive when you consider we finished 8-8 . The main thing we can thank MH for is losing the Indy game, the season opener against Jax, and keeping us out of the playoffs.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

We were not 8-8 we were 9-7

We were respectable on offense because our you defensive players??? Didn't know the Klug was out there catching TD passes.

I've said repeatedly they Hasselbeck shouldn't of played that game and how you can blame the Jacksonville game on Hasselbeck is beyond me. Hint: we had a total of 24 rushing yards from our star H-back.

6. Stan

Stan Infinite

Yea finnebosch many qbs threw for similar stats because the game is tailored towards the offense more now than ever before.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

From what I observed last Friday, Hasselbeck is going to throw more INTs. Reason being is because he just can't buy time with those slow, heavy legs. In camp they usually don't throw the ball away if a WR/TE isn't open, like they would in a real game. I'm guessing some of his picks came where he is just trying to make a play happen with no repercussions.

Locker on the other hand bought tons of time and was able to always find someone open. When you have a QB that can roll out like Locker, you gain extra time for someone to get open. Locker being able to buy extra time is what I think will get him the nod.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not a big believer in stats for training camp reflecting the ability of a QB. I watched McNair in camp throw into coverage, or air one out, just to give the WR/TE the opportunity to make a play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

If that were true, guys like Rosenfels would tear up the league...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

In the last three years Hasselbeck has thrown more INTs than TDs.
    I have observed Hasselbeck in camp. I am seeing him hold the ball too long, his passes being batted down, and too many picks. For a guy that is fighting for the starting QB position, he doesn't look too impressive. To me, Locker looks better. Just like he did in spot duty last year, and just like he will in preseason games this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar