Training Camp Hasselbeck’s camp interceptions start to add up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck went 6-for-11 with two interceptions during team drills on Wednesday, while Jake Locker went 8-for-12 with no interceptions.

Linebacker Colin McCarthy made the first interception, jumping up at the line and showing quick hand-eye-coordination by snatching the ball out of mid-air at short range.

Cornerback Alterraun Verner notched the second pick-off, though it seemed to come following a misunderstanding between Hasselbeck and Chris Johnson, who was lined up at a receiver position. Johnson never left the line of scrimmage, allowing Verner to make an easy pick on Hasselbeck’s short throw.

Overall in training camp, Hasselbeck has thrown eight interceptions in team drills, Locker two.

The catch of the day on Wednesday actually came on a Rusty Smith throw, as recently signed tight end Joey Haynos went high in the air to wrestle the football out of the hands of linebacker Patrick Bailey.

Source: Titans Insider

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The "Rifle" is making his move!!

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

few thoughts...
    surprised VY didn't injure himself on that running play
    awww Dinger....
    not every team is blessed with a clutch 50 yd kicker.... "that's how we play football"... oh geez.. hate to see how he functions without a good kicker *shudders..

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Hasselbeck's interceptions are really a none story until he starts doing it in the preseason games.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Does anybody know if the QB's are being given similar play calls when they're in? Is Locker getting more playaction and rollouts as opposed to Hasselbeck's quick drops?

I'm just curious as to know if Locker is growing as a pocket passer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He started throwing a lot of picks late last year.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Seems like Locker is the clear leader so far for the starting gig. If it were REALLY a QB competition he would get the start @Seattle since he's looked better so far. We all know that's not happening though...

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

He also had injured his shoulder and was playing through it. I still think that Hasselbeck shouldn't of played those games

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This may not sound fair, but Matt can throw 10 more interceptions in practice and I wouldn't care. Jake however needs to show me he can be responsible with the football before I give him the nod over Hass, and so far he is doing that.

I do trust Jake, but I don't know just how many plays he allows us to run. Whereas with Hass I know we can fully operate with little issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar