Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Has the NFL peaked?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Jan 28, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $1,353
    Revenues go up because they charge more.. that's common sense.

I don't think it'll last 30 years.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,265
    I don't see the NFL going away in 30 years. As far as peaking, well it may be close. There aren't many new fans left to convert in the US so remaining growth is really international.

If teams arise in Mexico city, Canada, and some of Europe in the next decades there could still be tremendous growth.

If the NFL was a stock I'd buy.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  2. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,270
    So you wanna invest in the NFL?

Buffalo Wild Wings
    YUM Brands (Taco Bell, Pizza Hut)
    Disney (MNF is owned by Disney, and most watched game)
    CBS Corporation
    Electronic Arts

All of those companies trade stocks and win when the NFL wins
  3. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $11,007
    I live and grew up not too far from Toronto. Stadium is terrible for football. Not big enough, down town location means no tailgating, crappy atmosphere. Would need a new stadium. If you could get one it would be huge. The NBA has done really well in Toronto both at the gate and, even more so, with TV. Despite being a terrible franchise. The Blue Jays, despite only average attendance, get amazing TV ratings.

Mexico City and London are even better. Both are absolutely enormous cities. The Mexican economy is actually doing very well. It could open a potentially huge market very close by. I lived in Monterrey, Mexico a while. A team there would be very successful if they had the stadium. That city is oozing with money. Could be trouble for the players though. The night scene there is unreal.
    Alex1939 high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Good picture of me from 10 years ago

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,265
    I question your correlations :lol:
  4. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $5,151
    buffalo wild wings is better than 2012 NFL season. If I had to choose one thing to eliminate for a year: Bdubs or NFL.. I would pick NFL every time.
  5. amy Starter

Moolah:
    $1,704
    Goodell has done to football what Brian France has done for NASCAR-almost ruined it. This yeare, NASCAR is going back to the old rules for qualifying and other issues, they changed the cars to make them look like the regular ones, and some other things. The fans went away after the sport was watered down, and perhaps the fans of football will go away if the rules keep being watered down. I also wonder if the young men who now know what their future will be if they play football will find something else to do. I realize that for a whole lot of them, it is their way out of poverty, so they may not, but those kids who come from money and caring parents may be talked out of playing the sport because none are immune to head trauma. jmo
  6. amy Starter

Moolah:
    $1,704
    I was a hardcore NASCAR fan for many years. I no longer am. Hardcore fans also reach their limit.
    The Hammer and GoT high five this.
  7. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $8,594
    Football peaked for me in 1999 :shakehead:
    The Hammer, GoT, Ghost and 3 others high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $297
    The reputation is already tarnished.

No one worth their salt are really going to consider guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees some of the best QBs of all time. They have played the majority of their careers when the game was basically catered to THEM almost specifically. The same thing happened with baseball way back when. Basketball was successful, but they also were helped greatly by how well the players adapted. You don't see that in football, you see passers crying, yellow flags going up, and fines in the news.

I think the NFL has reached its balance point. With that being said, I wish I could dig up the article that shows players wearing the worst type of helmet over the safest. You can only help people so much.
    World Peace high fives this.