has The Game taken a backseat to safety?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I've been watching NFL for WAY too many years to buy that. Trust me, when the season is 18 games long you'll never want to go back.

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i am all for the saftey of players. but football seems to becoming to light. i understand the need to protect the qb..but then your team should have a better o-line. football is a contact sport. hands down. you know going into football that there may be some injuries. imo the most ridiculous rule is the running into the kicker. the guys playing today are highly athletic (except fat al). they have the best trainers money can buy. they are gladitors..fighting in a modern day rome. i am not saying saftey isnt what we need, but dont take the fun out of the game!

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Running into the kicker is mainly a penalty so that teams don't have to worry about keeping two kickers around. We'd rather keep them healthy and have more roster spots for the other positions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar