Has Jeff Fisher Lost This Team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...we get someone else..with a new message..new direction..new voice..and we become serious contenders year in and year out and actually start WINNING a Championship or two !!

Why does it seem like some people are afraid of change?

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Almost spewed out my drink when I read this.
    :ha: :ha:

3. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

If he is fired he is going to be a Dallas Cowboy HC, Bank on that. I know for a fact Jerry Jones would hire him on the spot, and shell out the money. Though the question is would Fisher take it? I say he probably will.

True that we have had alot of successful years with Fisher, but there has to be a time where its time to let go. If I was Bud i would tell Fisher, Thanks for the successful years you have been given to the organization, but we have decided to go in a different direction. Right now this team and organization needs something fresh/something new. I can see this team winning the Super Bowl, but not with the current coach that we have.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I honestly think a lot of people are simply afraid of change. Fisher is the only coach we as (Tennessee) Titans fans have ever known. And he's certainly given us some good memories. But, put simply, the guy's had more than his fair share of opportunities as it is. To continue keeping a guy around who's come up short for 16 years straight is a disservice to the fans if you ask me. Can't we just respectfully part ways? "We appreciate all you've done for us Jeff, but it's time to take the team in a new direction."

5. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

If Jeff stays and we turn it around next year you guys wont be so rabid.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. Success that only teams like the Vikings, Eagles, Seahawks, etc can rival.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. pettso

pettso Starter

It's hard to stay objective when the team is 0-5 and we were expecting a superbowl run, but I really do see a lot of these problems as a product of Fisher's failures. Winning cures every issue fans have with the team, so yeah, if we do start winning next year with Fisher everyone will be happy.

I personally would like to see the team go in a different direction, but I'm not sure Bud's wallet will extend far enough to get weapons for a more explosive offense. It seems like we've always been an underpaid overworked team that focused on the lines of scrimmage. Which has been a pretty good formula for success and it has matched well with Fisher's coaching style.

What about a coaching change and picking up Mike Vick for next year if VY fails?

8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Have to disagree slightly here. Although winning cures most ills..ive seen this song and dance too many times to get real excited anymore. I've been watching this team since they were in Houston..and its become redundant. At least with me. And I honestly dont see things truly changing (meaning SB champions) until we have a different HC

9. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Repeat! 6 winning seasons in 15 years. Never able to have more than 2 winning seasons in a row.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

firejefffisher.com was available this morning. Someone snagged it. Look for a site to be up soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar