Has Jeff Fisher Lost This Team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I know this is a very overused, cliched phrase, but do you believe Jeff Fisher has lost this team? The discipline is not there (the penalties are common and pretty unacceptable at this point), he is constantly (i.e. 5 weeks in a row) been out-coached in the multiple facets of the game, and the team is generally playing without a clue in desperate situations. This season is, essentially, over in my mind; the division is most likely out of reach, and there are no indications that there is going to be any turnaround.

In my mind, this is the worst I've seen a Fisher-coached team. Some years there have been massive injuries, gutted squads, and just a general lack of talent. This year, however, the personal is largely there. In fact, it's arguably been on good on paper as it ever has been (last year perhaps being the exception). Now, production and wins are not made on paper, but 0-5? Unacceptable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree with that.
    The team came out FLAT from the opening kickoff against the Jags. The players look like they're just happy cashing their checks and going home. Fisher has always been known as a players coach and motivator, but he looks like neither this year....don't know why. Maybe The Mrs could give us some insight there...

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

If he hasn't yet, he will soon.

Going to New Englad and San Fran aren't going to be easy, and obviously Jacksonville isn't easy. Could be 0-8.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I see her actually posting an avatar pic that includes her face, not just her chest, before she divulged any information like that.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

She will tell you what she bought shopping yesterday though.

And Fisher had lost certain players long ago (Bulluck) and now others are on the wagon.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

^^ Awesome

7. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

I can see it now........Bud Adams feels the pressure of the fans outrage towards Fish and fires him.

A team like the Houston Texans hires him and haunts us year after year.

Too many successful years with Fish to give up on him now.

8. Titan75

Titan75 Camp Fodder

I don't post often but I am tired of everyone not seeing the root problem. All I hear is what a great coach Fisher is...what makes him so great? The team discipline? The game strategy? His perdictablility? Win Percentage?...Well what could it be?

"Too many successful years with Fish to give up on him now." - What is our definition of success? I know what mine is and this team has never been successful at winning a championship.

9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

In a word...YES !! They've played poorly in every facet of the game pretty much every week. All across the board this team looks AWFUL ! I honestly think his message has become redundant and old..and nobody is really listening anymore. Shoot even when he talks during interviews he sounds bored and unmotivating lol

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Depends on your definition of successful I guess. 2 playoff wins in the last 9 (going on 10) years and 0 playoff wins in the past 5 (going on 6) doesn't seem all that successful to me. I could care less about regular season records if we just get immediately bounced from the playoffs everytime we make it that far.
    As I've said before I was always a HUGE Fisher fan and can't even begin to count how many times I've defended the guy. But this season is completely inexcusable IMO. At some point Bud needs to realize we need a new approach from a coaching standpoint. Bottom line, 16 years in and Fisherball hasn't gotten it done for us. How many more chances do you give the guy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar