Has Goodell tarnished the league by...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

and the green shall set you free..

[​IMG]

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Pac is being defended by a dead guy. :ha:

4. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I do hate that every little thing that happens from here on out every media outlet is going to run on loop (especially in the offseasons) and instead of discussions about football, they get to have their journalistic hats on and evaluate whether this player will be suspended for months and months and months and whether the conduct policy is fair, if they're going to suspend stars the same, etc.

In other words, even though the conduct policy will curb some of the misbehavior --the reality is we're going to be talking it more than ever from here on out because now every indiscretion will become a will he or won't he be suspended question (regardless of merit).

In effect, Goodell, in trying to do the right thing, has made NFL player conduct a hot story--and instead of hearing stories about vince young year 2 or if the patriots' spending spree will pay off and things of this nature, we will get even *more* stories about the pacmans, the vicks, the tank johnsons, etc etc. (when in the past, public courts took this discussion off our hands--guilty if found guilty, innocent if found innocent)

It's a good idea, with the proper intentions, but it's not good for the league in practice (young fans, potential fans, seeing a whole lot less about football from now on and a whole lot more about conduct--regardless of intention)

5. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Look don't misunderstand my post. I agree wholeheartedly with what hes "TRYING" to do but i think at least in the short term it is having the opposite effect. There's a lot more scrutiny on the NFL right now and the media seems to be suddenly focused on it like a laser. There seems to be a lot more hype surrounding smaller offenses that players are commiting. They are being blown so far out of proportion it's making a mountain out of a mole hill
    EX: pacman's speeding ticket is getting more attention than ray lewis did after that murder in Atlanta.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Pacman is on the hotseat right now....and anything he does is magnified. He certainly does nothing to help himself. Channel 5 reported that the night before the first meeting with Goodell, Pacman was out all night at a strip club. Face it, the guy is dumber than a rock.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, like getting speeding ticket on the interstate. my lord! what a monster!

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's the guys first year. His new policies are making headlines because there way different than before.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'm gonna go and agree with you here
    getting the speeding ticket is really nothing .... until you consider the time of day. Going to a strip is really nothing .... until you consider it was the night before (?) meeting with the ISH to discuss his appeal ..... and it doesn't help that he's missed one of his scheduled meetings that were laid out in his suspension

you'd have to love being his legal. here's your client - he's young, seems to frequent trouble and has lots of money

I've been busy the last few days at TPAC, but I haven't heard him doing anything POSITIVE to warrant even an audience with an appeals court

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar