Has anyone considered this!!! ? !!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Saints WILL take Leinart. No doubt about it.

They will be in L.A. in 2008. Their FO wants to sell tickets and let the California Golden Boy break out in the NFL in front of the "home" crowd.

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

I believe the Saints will take Leinart, too. They have already gone with the mobile QB in Brooks so they go for a pocket passer in Matt. However the night before the draft we all must face facts that Vince Young could be off the board by the time we pick.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm just happy we got the 3rd pick. Given our situation going into the last week, we could have ended up anywhere. If we pick Leinart I'll be pretty damn happy. Slight dissapointed we did got stud Young, but pretty damn happy we picked up a Heisman qb.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Do you guys really think its that outrageous that NO takes Young ? Or trades out of the pick to another team that wants to take Young there ?

I'd say it's about 50/50 realistically.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If Leinhart or Young is there at 3 and Reese trades out of the pick I will be heartbroken. Titans need a difference maker and although there are no guarantees I think both of those guys could be difference makers. And if for some reason Bush falls to 3 I feel the same way.

6. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

I to believe that New Orleans will take Leinart, but not because of them moving to L.A. in the future. Leinart is more NFL ready at this point with the Pete Carroll style offense. Vince is a freak of a athlete, but does that turn into NFL success. They had this much hype about Michael Vick as well and he can not do anything but run. Also, everyone talks about Vince Youngs speed.....He is not running against College LB's anymore. Their are LB's in the NFL that can run as fast as Young. Why do you think Young has said that he is not going to run at the NFL combine.....Thats right, because he is afraid his 40 time will be slower than teams think. Overall, if you want a playmaker, Young may be down the road, but not in the first two years. This coaching staff as to win and win now. Young does not help them this year.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hell no it's not. They would be crazy to pass on Vince Young.
    I feel the same way.

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Young/Leinart will be there at 3, no doubt. I want the titans to trade out, I think Young will be like Leftwich - good but not great where the backup could do the same job. Leinart will like carr, if he has/had an o-line he could become great.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there is always doubt

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Floyd will not reach for Cutler if he is the guy that he wants, but Floyd also won't just trade down from #3 and pass on a solid QB prospect without a guarantee that he would land Culter if he really wants a QB. He could draft which ever QB is left at #3 and then whichever team takes Cutler we could do a Rivers/Manning draft day trade. And in your scenario if the Saints did grab Cutler then at least Floyd still has his QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar