Has anyone considered this!!! ? !!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Something I pondered the other day while thinking about the draft order. The Saints seem to be in a simular situation as we are in. They are, however, taking on a brand new Head Coach vs. our oldie-but-goodie. They have holes on both sides of the ball that need filled, not just at QB. Everyone is thinking that Houston will stay put with David Carr and select Bush with the first pick. Since the Saints need a QB, everyone thinks they will go after Young, leaving Leinart for the Titans. Has anyone considered that the Saints might be thinking on the same lines as the Titans and trade away that valuable 2nd pick for more picks down the road? If they do trade away that 2nd pick, they to may be eyeballing Cutler. This would/could throw the Titans FO into a firestorm. The Saints trade off their 2nd pick to the Jets who select Young. If we trade off the 3rd pick and pass on Young/Lienart, the Saints pick Cutler with their new 4 or 5th pick and leave the Titans in the dark with no QB. Alot of shoulda', coulda', wouldas', but it does hold water.
    If the Saints trade off their 2nd to another team in the top 6, that would freeze up any thoughts of trading our 3rd.
    ________
    AROMED VAPORIZER

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Wouldn't fret over it too much, but it's a remote possibility.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What have you done? Do you realize what you have unleashed? Dear God in heaven above...the clouds are quaking with thunder! Fire and brimstone; shock and awe...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I have a better one

If Bush goes #1 and Leinart #2, take Young #3 then offer the following to the Jets for the #4:

Our 2nd, 6th and 7th this year (we will get a 6th or 7th back when the compensatory picks are announced....besides do we need anymore first & second year scrubs?)
    Billy Volek
    Our #1 next year

Then take the Brick #4. Now we have our QB and LT for the next ten years. How's that for a pipe dream?

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Put the Candle BACK !!!!

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, it would still leave us in the same place. Presuming Bush is gone and NO trades, someone is going after Young or Leinart, still leaving us with the remainder.

I see your concern - it's that we've traded the pick before the draft or before New Orleans is on the clock. For that reason, we won't pull the trigger on any trade until we are sure of the landscape.

7. fitantitans

Saints

There's just so much talk, so many rumors, between Houstons pick and the Titans pick that some may be overlooking the Saints. Their selection is more valuable than ours is. I believe that the Saints have more impact on the Titans decision than the Texans will.

All is well BiPolar. Truely, I am not the anti-Christ just another hole trying to open a can of worms and unleash them upon the earth to devire mankind as we know it. No harm intended.
    ________
    Black Guy

8. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

I am absolutly sure we will not take Cutler. We may trade down (doubt it) but we (the Titan/Vandy community) are the ones who have really lit up the Cutler love fest. Floyd did everything but say he hated Pac Man last year to throw us off. I have been A Commodore guy my whole life, I like the kid, but the Titans are not going to take him. We will draft one of the top four (the big three + Brick) unless we trade down....and then.....but we still are not going to take Cutler!
    If Floyd says one thing believe the opposite. I don't know why the local radio guys even talk to him, it's worthless hearing him answer every question...." Well were going to do whats best for the frachise if that's "insert your topic here" then we will do it.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm sure we won't take Cutler either, and I can't overlook New Orleans. They could take Vince Young as easily as Matt Leinart.

I gotta be prepared that when we pick it'll be between Leinart and D'Brickashaw Ferguson. If that's the case, I try once to see if we can get them to swap picks. I go for a 2nd rounder and might be tempted to throw Henry in there to secure it, freeing some cap space at the same time.

Then I'd take Ferguson/Leinart (remaining), Max Jean-Gilles/Darnell Bing (#35), and Abdul Hodge/D'Qwell Jackson (#36). Something like that.

10. fitantitans

With the 3rd pick, I'm not too sure we have to be too secret about our moves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar