Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by DCtitan49, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't meant to make it personal if it came off like that.

It's fine if you didn't like it, but I don't see a need to question why someone did like it.

Some people like a movie simply because they enjoyed it without any real reason to go in depth.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If you haven't read the book the movie was a B+. I agree the plot seemed disjointed and newer characters were grossly underdeveloped. But the FX were indeed spectacular. I disagree with your comments regarding too many slow scenes. There was one absolutely touching scene when Ron, Harry, and Hermione are by the fire exchanging some banter and a fade to black each with self-satisfied smiles. I though it hit mark for adolescent friendships.

I saw it with my 13 year old daughter who has read every book cover to cover since they came out. She thought the movie sucked. :)

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

tell her she's not alone

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

same^^

movie rankings

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    3. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    5. Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

:truedat:

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

oh c'mon .....
    all I wanted to know was what you like about it
    and why you think it's the best yet

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

It is an opinion. There isn't a right one or a wrong one. If they think it is great, that is their opinion. They don't have to qualify it to someone on a message board. What makes your opinion better than theirs? "Citizen Kane" is supposed to be a great movie. Bored me to tears, but not going to insist that others show me proof why it is great.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's not asking them to prove that it is great, he just wants to know what they liked about it.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask the reasons for someone's opinions on a message board.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

without the gloats at Gotitans.com what are we??

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Thank You

I see nothing wrong with asking someone what they thought was good about it. Had I not already disclosed my opinion of the movie, this would seem like a decent and almost necessary question

if someone says "I like Vince Young" and someone were to ask "What do you like best about Vince ?" ,I don't think we'd have all this negativity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar