Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by DCtitan49, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The real problem is that her books are great partly because of the details and intricacies she weaves into the story. That just can't be shoehorned into a movie even as long as these are becoming. This book was 870 pages. Yanking out numerous parts hurts the story.

If you had never read the books then I don't know if you miss what you don't know is missing. But either way, the books are just better regardless.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Doubt it, but as far as I know I am a bigger Harry Potter fan than anyone I know who has seen it. So they aren't apologists (and I found another who seen it and didn't like it)

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Adult version? (with the black cover)

4. The US hardcover version, which is blue.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

my only questions about the movie, are..

1. Since when does harry think he is Tom Brady and the **** out there "teaching" everyone how to kill things, how does he even know all this stuff??? i thought Hermione (or whatever the f*** her name is) was the smart witch.

2. Why did they choose such an ugly actor for harry to be attracted too???

6. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Loved the movie! Thought it was the best yet.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's done it all before, no one else has and Umbridge wasn't letting them doing any magic for their end of year OWLs. And he isn't teaching anyone how to kill things he is teaching them how to defend themselves.

She's not ugly and who cares.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

too bad that doesn't say much
    I still don't see what people see in this movie
    up until the moment that Umbridge is taken into the forest and the kids go to the Ministry, I found it to be utterly flat and disconnected

the final 1/2 hour or so was great
    the 100 minutes prior ... not so much

please, I'd love to hear what of the first 3/4 of the movie was appealing

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Puck, don't go all Gloat on us and tell people what they are thinking. He liked it, end of story.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:ha:
    I'd love to take that personally
    I did ask him what about it he "loved", so lighten up

I am being a tad harsh on the film, I admit
    and I'll (privately) continue to until someone can produce a positive synopsis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar