Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by DCtitan49, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You are the first person I have heard from or spoken to who hasn't liked it. I haven't seen it yet, but I will be soon-ish.

2. Great to see appreciation for Phillip Pullman, its actually called the Northern Lights, instead of the Golden Compass in the U.K, I wonder how that will work...

They're not just kids books, the films will probably gear that way, but its not a fairy tale, in the final book, they try to kill God if I remember correctly...

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

some Potter fans are just apologists, like the Star Wars fans who thought JarJar was a great character

I tried to get into the film, but stagnant scene after stagnant scene left we wishing the damn thing would just end. Some of the best parts of the movie are the shortest

and it is odd, ...OotP was her longest book - yet her shortest film :wtf:
    it wouldn't have been so bad, if the cast hadn't spent half the movie standing around staring at each other with this "i just crapped my trousers look"

go see it .... enjoy it (or try)
    interesting how she keeps changing directors
    and while David Yates did a pretty good job, he didn't seem very informed of the source material

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

here's how it will work :
    It will be called the Golden Compass
    #2 will be called The Subtle Knife
    #3 will be called The Amber Spyglass

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Leaving to see Harry Potter in a few minutes.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Perhaps, though I know someone who is going to see it for the 3rd time tomorrow.

I don't have the adult version of the half blood prince, how many pages does it have? I know Phoenix has 956 or thereabouts. I thought HB Prince would be over 1000 though.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was looking for the Golden Compass today at the bookstore couldn't find it for obvious reasons but I get the feeling Northern Lights was there.

8. Yeah, here is how it looks

[​IMG]

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

next time ask for His Dark Materials
    or for the Author Philip Pullman

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

did they see The Phantom Menace 3 times too ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar