Harrison is a gutless rey-rey want too be

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Harrison has said many times that he would NOT change the way he plays.

2. Titan Up

Titan Up DeadGirlsCantSayNo

maybe i like it hard and dirty.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Not as much when they roll out of the pocket. Again, he stays in the pocket on this play, Harrison doesn't nail him. Think about it from the defender's perspective. Here's a guy no where near the pocket, holding the ball, and charging the line of scrimmage. Of course he's going to do what he was made to do. He's going to hit him as hard as he can to put his best effort forth in disrupting the play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Suh stomped on a guy while he was down and clubbed a QB in the back. Harrison is guilty of leading with his head. Back in the day, lots of players lead with their head.

Suh is dirtier than Harrison.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'd do it.

I used to love punishing DB's when I made it to the secondary. Instead of going out of bounds I'd go pads first into a safety or corner and try to knock them out of the game. Worked a few times.

Damm I miss football.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

A couple of you please check your PM's. I left the numbers of some good optometrists in your area.

7. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Harrison spears head to head on purpose. That's the third browns player in the past few years.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

If he was on the Titans, I'd be mad because this guy COULD play within the rules and dominate but decides he wants to injure people instead getting us penalty after penalty while not really doing much for us other than a tackle.

On top of that, he gets suspended. As a Titans fan, I'd be pissed that he decided he wanted to be a tough guy AGAIN and paid for it while we have to get a replacement for him.

James Harrison can excel WITHIN the rules and not be a scumbag (see: the biggest play of his career and one of the biggest defensive plays in super bowl history) but chooses not to.

Ray is the opposite. He excels at playing tough within the rules. He knows how to wrap someone up and slam them down, or at least put his shoulder out instead of his head.

A defensive enforcer who (on the surface) plays within the rules. I'd probably not be a big fan of any shenanigans he pulls TRYING to injure someone but the fact is he plays tough within the rules.

I'd want that on my team. Not some thug wannabe who wants to hurt players and get penalties/fines/suspensions.

My problem with Ray is that guy he murdered. That's a whole other story.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

The only problem I see with that is that the ball was already out of his hands before Harrison lowered his head.

There's no way, unless Harrison stares at the ground while he plays, that he didn't see that ball get released WELL before he even tried to hit. And even then, he should have pulled up and get a little rough chest bump on him. Knock him down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar