Harper Will Start Over Hood Once Healthy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Agreed...

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

If Hood continues his pick a week pace and Harper is starting in his place in 3 weeks, I will be rather grumpy...

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Bottom line?

Harper shouldn't lose his starting job because he got injured and Hood has played very well in the hiatus.

No. Harper should lose his starting job because he was ATROCIOUS before going down with injury, and Hood is playing very well.

Fisher's "rule" of giving the nod to previously established players is one of reasons he will never win a ring. A good coach adapts his rules, they make exceptions.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

If Hood gets another INT on Monday night, I wonder if Fish will still stick with Harper?

If he does bench Hood and Harper stinks it up the next game, I bet Hood is back in after that.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Agreed. And if it does happen, I'm sure Bud will take notice as well.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Bud should have a rule, A coach can lose his job for being a stubborn :grrr::grrr::grrr: hole...
    Can the Fish...

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

The thing is, it shouldn't take an atrocious game from Harper for that to happen. This is the NFL. You play the best players you have, period. One Harper mistake could result in a TD that makes us lose the game. I'd rather just play it safe and play the guy who has proven himself in the past few games.

8. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Harper got burned by Andre in Week 2 with that one handed TD, so im glad that Hood is back even though Finny will be doing most of the coverage on AJ.

But after this season, just let Harper become a FA and go somewhere else...id be satisfied with Hood next season tbh.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly.

As of right now we still have a chance at the playoffs, albeit a very very VERY slim one. We need to win out and get lucky. Why deviate from what's been working? If Harper had done anything at all this season to show that he's worthy of getting his job back I wouldn't have a problem with it. But he hasn't. We have enough liabilities in the secondary as it is. We certainly don't need another. Might as well throw Kerry and Kearse back in there while you're at it Jeff.

10. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Harper hasn't shown any typ of speed or coverage skill this season at all that would warrant him starting. At least make it a competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar