Harper Says Things Need to Change for Titans to be the Best

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Among the more interesting comments following the Titans 13-10 loss to the Ravens was one from Nick Harper. Harper stated that some things have to change to prevent a relapse like the one Saturday night from happening again. "There’s things that need to happen with this team in order for us to get in that situation [winning it all]," Harper said. "It all starts at practice. You have to practice like you’re going to play in the game. You definitely have to practice like game situations, and until that happens, this might continue to happen." Though it is uncertain who Harper's message was aimed towards, he appeared on a number of Colts teams who underachieved in the playoffs along with one who won the Super Bowl. Since their Super Bowl run in the 1999 playoffs, Tennessee is just 2-5 in postseason games, and has blown a pair of No. 1 seeds in the divisional round of the playoffs.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Interesting quote considering its coming from the person on our D most likely to give up a big play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I didn't really expect to read something like this. Pretty cryptic.

I really have no idea who he's referring to. We can probably rule out some guys - Bulluck, KVB, Finnegan. I can't imagine them dogging it in practice.

Maybe he's referring to Haynesworth, but he's been hurt and wouldn't have been practicing hard anyhow. Hope? Probably not, he's a vet. Griffin maybe?

Or maybe he's talking about the offense.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Our defense had a great season. They didn't give up too many points the other night. The offense didn't score enough points to win. It's time to clean house on offense and do some serious upgrades. I'm tired of our jalopy style of offense. We need a crisp passer and effective targets. The defense is doing alright but if you want to know what I think Harper was talking about I'll tell you. I think he was making reference to penalties. That was a big key in why the Titans lost. Say what you want about non-calls and supposed delay of game on 3rd and 2 but the penalties hurt too much.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am guessing White.

6. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Hmm sounds to me like its someone/s on offense. I cant see him pointing at anyone on defense, since he himself was part of the only TD let up by the defense.

I mean honestly think though, there has to be alot of anger stemming from players, especially on the defensive side...you hold the Ravens(at the time) to 10 pts.....you would expect your offense to get you the points needed to win.

Unfortunately costly turnovers...which makes me think he is pointing at Crumpler and White, is what cost the game. FUMBLING in a playoff game, in your own house should never be tolerated. Look at how we all feel then imagine your one of the players. Watching drives going into the red zone get destoyed by fumbles is just sickening and would make anyone very angry.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yet made several big plays in the game Saturday, including breaking up that one quick slant pass...that's usually almost impossible to defend.

EXACTLY. I was honestly impressed with the way that the O and D otherwise executed. We just killed ourselves with turnovers* and penalties.

*turnovers that were caused mainly by boneheaded plays/decisions by our own offensive personnel

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

The only person on that team that looks like their practicing with the special olympics and tries to translate that to game day is JMAC.

9. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

JMAC should have at least tried to jump up and get the ball. He just let it go right past him he F@#$!*& sucks.CUT HIM

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

it's the penalties and turnovers. you take those away and Harper wouldnt be saying jack cause we would have won easy.

doesnt matter if our whole team was pro bowlers and practice 52 times a week, you cant give penalties and win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar