Harper/Ringer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I was a Ringer hater, but he has done nothing but impress me this year. I mean, he's out there making plays. What more do you want? I feel like the D may be a little more vanilla when he's in, but running the ball when we're not expected to run with Ringer seems like its working. I like the guy. The more playmakers we have, the merrier.

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If CJ struggles next week i don't see why they can't just shake things up and put Harper and Ringer in there at the same time and run the ball down the other teams throat.If we start moving the ball and gaining yards then we very could be a good passing team and a good running team which would give us a potent offense.But yeah they really do need to give Harper and Ringer a few carries so we can stop being dead last in NFL in rushing.

So instead of CJ running the ball on 1st and 2nd down instead you run Harper on a down then the next down you run Ringer and just establish a good running game.We could have a great offense if we can pass and run well.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Something needs to be done about our O-line before we can have any consistency.

4. RINGER IS NOT THE ANSWER - 6 Rushes for -6 Yards against Broncos
    The BIGGEST problem is the offensive line. When teams stack the line for the run as they do when CJ is in, Ringer will do no better. When CJ left the game, the Ravens expected pass.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

6 rushes for -6 yards is the result of Ringer facing stacked lines and runs blitzes.. I agree the biggest problem is the offensive line.

I'm not saying you are trying to show Ringer sucks, but people are foolish that try and show Ringer sucks because he had -6 against the Broncos and is averaging 1.1 ypc on the year...because he runs behind the same line as CJ.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

We need to give Harper some carries too.I think Ringer is having the same issues as CJ.The O line is horrible in run situations.Wish we would've kept Kevin Mawae at center.

7. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

maybe we can give 5 of CJs 11 total carries to harper. maybe if we gave cj 20 touches he could get 100 total yards. but maybe harper will get 50 yards on 5 carries. yeah that makes sense. we are not a good running "team" right now. regardless of whos running back. the face is. we gave CJ a good amount once and that was agianst the ravens. does that make sense. they woulda destroyed any rb that stepped in there. but hey since some of you want to split carries. give harper 5, cj 5 and rigner 5, we will see who does the best. cause we will only run 15 times

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Let Javon Ringer and CJ split carries. Use Jamie Harper for 3rd downs, short yardage and goal line.

Johnson is a 200 lbs running back who has carried the ball more than 1000 times in 3 and a half seasons.Time to lighten the load because he is wearing down.

Need to go back to a smash and dash type role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar