Harper/Ringer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The game plan/play calling doesn't need to change right now, the execution does though. Week by week we'll be able to pull off more stuff as these guys gel together on offesne. Britt said it himself, Hasselbeck is only about 75% there with his WR's. Another week or two from now and we'll know what we're going to look like for 2011. After that is when we can all criticize.

2. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

CJ will have a big game this week, but I agree that it's good to get either Ringer or Harper more carries. It keeps CJ fresh and it gives the defenses something else to think about when Ringer/Harper are in there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

CJ should be used the same Jamaal Charles was used last year with Chiefs. Not as a feature back, but as a compliment to a strong downhill runner. For two reasons, 1.) it keeps the defense honest. 2.) We just stupidly signed a running back to a 6 year contract. He's not gonna be effective for more than 2 of those if he gets 30 carries a game. Running backs *usually* (I know there are exceptions) are effective for about five or six years. Small scatbacks even less.

Problem is we don't really have a Thomas Jones on our team. Ringer's nothing special IMO, and Harper's not ready to be the main guy. If only we had a guy like LeGarette Blount.

Also CJ would get butthurt.

Also we now don't really have room to pay another decent running backs salary because of that playmaker money.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I don't understand why everyone thinks Ringer sucks, sure he's not super fast, or super powerful, but every time he plays he manages to be very productive. Over his career he has averaged 4.8 yards per carry, and sure it's a small sample size, but until he shows that he sucks I don't understand why he shouldn't get a chance at the #2.

5. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

I dunno seems like the oline was pretty together against the Ravens.....at least on Ringer's carries. Hey but don't worry I'm sure with Johnson being the "playmaker" he is that he'll figure it out soon. Whether he does or not, they aren't going to bench him after breaking the piggy bank on him.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I hope so, my fantasy team is struggling because of him. He fell to me at 6, so I couldn't resist. Then I also took Peyton in the 3rd round, this was a week before all the news of him missing months came out. At the time he was suppose to miss maybe 1 or 2 games, so I thought I had a steal for the 3rd round. Sad.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Truth. Grats Chris Hope.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Ringer broke some tackles last Sunday against the Ravens....haterss

Ringer will continue to get some opportunities...CJ needs to get back on his grind. If he can't this Sunday..it better be the following week.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Yeah! and if it isnt the week after next week, it better only be one or two weeks after that. OR ELSE. LETS GO CJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar