Harper/Ringer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Maybe if CJ doesn't find his groove Sunday they can put Harper and Ringer in there for a while and see what those two can do.I think those two just might be good for our running game if CJ has trouble finding his way out of the backfield.We could end up having a pretty good running game but CJ has to learn he can't take every play to the house.I think that is killing us on offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

CJ will pout if they start cutting into 'his' carries too much.

"yo men thos spose to be my carrries. I woulda brok dat carry an dat one. Im da numba one."

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

To me CJ is a finesse kind of guy and is not a bruising back that will wear defenses down.Thats why he needs to split more carries so we can pound defenses and keep him fresh so once those defenses are wore down he can take advantage and break out some huge gains.He needs to split carries with Ringer and Harper and let those guys wear down the defense.

4. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Based on what?? What I saw out of Ringer in the preseason only leads me to believe he should be the 3rd RB on the depth chart. Harper has impressed and should be the backup. I've got some news that may shock everyone....the Titans are not going to bench CJ in favor of Ringer. Last week was a complete failure in every aspect of the game. Let's give it a few more weeks before we decide to say guys like Ringer should get more touches. I swear, so many people here think CJs holdout is what is going to prevent the Titans from making the post season. This is a rebuilding team coming off a lockout that wasn't very good the year before. There's a lot of work to do, however I can say and stand behind it, Javon Ringer isn't the answer.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

^ haha, because the thread starter implied we should start Ringer and give him a majority of the touches.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'd still like to see CJ get touches but maybe Harper or Ringer could share the load.I think he would fare a lot better by conserving his load and letting the other guys pound the ball some.He would be more explosive not carrying the ball so much and wouldn't be so wore down as the game progresses.

Sort of like Williams and Stewart in Carolina.

7. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Its been implied by more than one person on more than one occassion. Let's try this. Give CJ more than nine touches and tell Matthews to get his oline together. Then we can see if a switch needs to be made. Also, maybe Palmer can put together some sort of a gameplan this week.

8. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Completely with you on that minus the Ringer part. Id like to see Harper get some more work, he's impressed me so far. I would love to see if he can keep it up.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I would like to see some of the workload taken off CJ. However, I hated how they would do it with Lendale. Sometimes CJ would have all the momentum in the world, then Lendale would open a series, get 1 yard on 1st down, 2 yards on 2nd, then they'd throw on 3rd and long, and the momentum would be gone. Spot him for some plays here and there.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Definitely Harper.He really impressed me this preseason.He will be better than Ringer once he gets playing time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar