Harper Remains Uncertain for Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Nick Harper is unsure whether or not he'll be able to play on Sunday against the Jets with a lingering ankle injury. He termed himself as "day-to-day" as has Titans coach Jeff Fisher, but said there is no sense in trying to rush back into the lineup and have the injury drag on for several weeks. "There’s no rush. We’ve set ourselves up in pretty good position right now, so there’s no use in going out and letting it nag me all year," Harper said. "We’re just gonna take it one week at a time. It just popped up week before last." With Reynaldo Hill (hip pointer) still out of practice and Eric King (broken forearm) gone for the rest of the regular season, the Titans find they may need to place rookie Cary Williams on the active roster for depth behind Chris Carr.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Tape it up Harper!

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Put Vy out there hes useless on the sidelines

4. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I know Carr played well last week, but the jets wide outs are a little bit better then the jags...Farve will test him early...also the way Carr was playing being so far off the wide out I could see a lot of slants and underneath stuff. This could neutralize our pass rush because the ball will be out quickly. Therefore who ever Carr lines up against will be the match up that will be key. I think we need to make sure Carr has help if he begins to struggle early...then again he just might step up...

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

depth behind Chris Carr? :ha:

hey now... Carr played great though... seriously though... "depth behind Carr" just sounds bad.

6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

For depth, I suppose Michael Griffin could play corner if needed.

7. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

This is bad if Harper can't go... Carr looked uncomfortable early. He settled down and played better but he didn't look good tackling. Harper is not the greatest in coverage but he is terrific in run support. The only silver lining is I wouldn't think Carr had many practice reps last week and this week he has gotten alot. Another thing to consider, his increase in playing time could limit his effectiveness in the return game. This would be a major blow imo.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He's worked a full week with the first team so he should be more mentally ready to deal with it.

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Carr was really irritating me because he was consistently playing 10 yards off the receiver. But he can close the gap fast. He didn't let a lot get by him. I just worry about him doing too much. I hope Griffin worked extra time with the tackling dummies this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar