Harper helping Titans not miss suspended PacMan Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by whitevick331, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Where in the flying hell is that guy on the left looking?

Anyway, I wouldn't say I miss Pac, because we've been doing alright. That being said, I still want Pac. He's not a necessity, but it's still better with him than without him. (And once again, this is the last chance!)

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Harper still needs to work on coverage, but hes one of the best 1 on 1 corner tacklers I have ever seen, hes not afraid to come up to a running back to tackle him either, thats where he excels, the coverage is a problem, hes more zone than man, in some situations like the long ball it shows. He can come up with some valuable Ints and plays though, I like him, and if he can work out his kinks in coverage, I think he should start next to PacMan when he comes back

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

At the svelte looking older guy holding the camera at the strippers crack by squatting down for the mirror's alter image, and the perfect angle...:smile:

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

He's fine when the plays in front of him,but as soon as someone gets a couple of steps behind him the lights go off,doesn't know where the ball is and hasn't got the speed to go get it even if he did.

5. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I don't question Pacs tackling. He started out with the wiffs the first year but last year he became a solid tackler. The reason why one may think that Harper tackles better is because he allows his guy to catch the pass (just my opinion). Pacman actually defends the pass. So if the guy doesn't catch the ball, you don't credit for a tackle. Before you lose it, I do realize that Harper tackles players other than the wide receivers. The defense is playing better as a whole but it is not because of Harper. I am with the group that thinks that Pac and Finnegan are our two bets corners. So if Pac where playing instead of Harper I expect the defense to be even better.

just my two cents

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

another fluff piece.. no thanks.. We do miss Pac, and he is an major upgrade over Harper.

7. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

yea i agree, Pac is something special, he puts up great numbers in coverage, and is always that potential threat on special teams, just think. Pacman, Harper, Finnegan, Griffin, Hope, thats a pretty dominant secondary, to go along with the best front 7 in football.

8. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

I know everyone has a different mindset on this, but overall Harper has done a good job. He does give up some plays, but what corner doesn't. You are asking him to cover the other teams #1 receiver, so for anyone to think that he is not going to give up some big plays is crazy. I think that pacman was becoming a much better corner his second year, but his biggest problem was he guessed to much. You also have to remember that Lowry is new to the secondary and has been playing FS a lot. Hope has been playing SS as much as FS this year. When you have Harper and Lowry on the same side (both 1st year starters with this team) there is going to be confussion. Ill take his 3 int. and good one on one tackling. Also, he is not a distraction for the team.... Even with pacman on the field he still was!!!!

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think his son won the oregon - usc game with a pic. Not sure tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar