Harper Covering Harrison or Wayne

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

98 - 01 they played together.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat..

Are we talking about hall of fame credentials or who are the best Wrs now? Please do not tell me that a guy who has had fewer yards than drew bennett the last 3 years is better than harrison or holt. You can't make that argument now in 2007. In 2003 or 04 yes.

Moss didn't even have 600 yards last year. Come on dude. the pats got him for a 4th rd pick!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chris carter..

On his way out? I wish we had such a guy because from 98-01 carter averaged 1099 yards and 9tds a season. In 3 of those 4 years he went to the pro bowl.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

You know some poor DB just outside of that frame is thinking, "ah **** I am about to get owned".

5. Young54

Young54 Starter

i like how this thread went from "Titans' D against Colts' WRs" to "is Moss the best of all time?"

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

4 seasons of Moss' 11. You guys nit-pick more than any other members of any forum web-wide.

7. Deuce Wayne

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dK2RVbzOHQ4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dK2RVbzOHQ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Harper vs Harrison
    :(

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Couldn't be worse than Wolfolks one play sub in for Pacman last year...

One play, TD. Owned.

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Call me crazy, but that Harper/Harrison clip means very little to me.

Judging by the way they line up, it appears that Harper is giving Harrison a five-yard cushion. To my understanding, this often suggests zone coverage, where the corner expects the LB to cover the short inside routes.

Had there been a LB on the field, I suspect the result of this play would have been very different. In fact, Harrison ran a very similar route in last year's Colts@Titans game....on that particular play, David Thornton reached in and tipped the ball in the air, and Sirmon ended up getting the interception.

10. Deuce Wayne

So you're saying there should've been an LB covering the short inside routes? Then why did Harper bite on the short inside route? lol
    He got owned. It's Harrison though, he does it to almost all corners. He even juked the camera man on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar