Harper Covering Harrison or Wayne

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm not usually a dik on here, but I was just thinking about that, and it made me start giggling. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this matter.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Doesn't matter, I'll keep watching for more KB interceptions like last season...

I'm actually just really hoping that the games this season are as close and exciting as last seasons. I used to get really pumped for colts week, and it was getting harder and harder to do until last season.

My response would be, who do you have that can handle Vince?

3. SwingOnDeezBalz

No one man in the NFL can just neutralize a guy like VY in the way that Champ Bailey can neutralize certain WR's. It's a totally different concept.

I would just say that the cat's out of the bag, and we'll play him differently. You never faced our real defense either. You faced our underachieving defense that allow jacksonville to stomp us. But VY is dangerous. No doubt. He'll be a little bit tougher to stop that Rex Grossman!

4. i would probably have him on wayne and whoever else on harrison... unless harper is the better corner... because i still think even with age that harrison is the better receiver, best in the league IMO and should be a HOFer

5. SwingOnDeezBalz

2nd best ever.

I think in the world of "greatests of all time," NFL WR's are the easiest to judge.

1. Rice
    2. Harrison

and the rest. I can't imagine anyone saying that this is incorrect. It's simple math.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Harper covering Wayne or Harrison is better then Hill so who cares.

Im calling it right now. By the end of the season Finnegan will be our starting CB. I have a feeling hes going to beast this season

7. Nine

Nine Starter

Pacman obviously owned both Harrison and Wayne last year; however, he's only one man...and it takes more than one player to contain the Colts' offense.

For all his faults, Titans' DC Jim Schwartz did an excellent job of defusing the Colts highly potent attack...in their two meetings, the Titans held the Colts to a combined 30 points. This, in spite of having a subpar player at one corner (Reynaldo Hill) and one of the worst safeties in the league (Lamont Thompson).

The Titans may have lost Pacman, but by replacing liabilities like Hill and Thompson, the secondary as a whole could be somewhat improved...even after losing their best player.

It's taken a few years to get to this point, but right now, the Titans match up pretty darn well with the Colts.

I just wish they could say the same about Jacksonville. :/

8. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Picturing Swing with a Titans sig after week 2 of next season, now that brings a smile to my face:ha:

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Who's to say that Harper will even be on the field? Sadly enough, we've got better CB's than him.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

With Jim Sorgi throwing the ball. Not in the least bit concerned.

Your ***** QB is about to be implicated in a scandal involving a goat, a fence pole and a bikini. No animals were hurt in the making of the production but quite a few left with a smile on their face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar