Hard to see Titans winning seven more

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

As much as I would love to see Mercury Morris have to eat some crow if we go 19-0, it is most certainly only icing on the cake. The goal of this regular season should not be 16-0. It should be homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, and a healthy starting lineup for the playoffs.

2. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

Wasn't there some article in one of the Nashville papers (I think the City Paper) where Morris said he's pulling for the Titans?

Edit: While I couldn't find the article from the paper, I found this from a Kuharsky blog entry on ESPN.com.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-5-141/Mercury-Morris-on-undefeated-Titans--I-ll-pass.html

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Obviously it's way early to debate being 15-0 and resting the starters... but for a coach that plays his starters in the last pre-season game because he doesn't want them to lose any rhythm I don't see him letting starters go 2 weeks without playing. If we hit 15-0 and have a 1st round bye, resting starters in week 17 would risk coming out rusty in the playoffs.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I woke up today and for some odd reason, we beat Jacksonville in my dream and we were 10-0. It was like Varsity Blues, but wayyy better.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Not too hard to see em winnin 4 more though. Lets be realistic, 16-0 means absolutely nothing at all. Ask anyone from New England what they think about 16-0. I'll take 13-3 w/ home field in the playoffs all day.

6. Outlaw

Outlaw Guest

Well thought out, well written post. I couldn't have said it better myself!

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I just want the trophy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar