Happy we won but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Anybody who even hints at benching Hasselbeck is a damn idiot.

We are not a league power. We didn't expect them to be a league power when the season started did we?

Some people are just miserable losers who can't enjoy a win. We are not the patriots or the Packers. Any way we can win a game is fine with me and the good thing is that we are 2-1 and still can get better especially if we can ever get a running game going.

We have an older QB that many teams didn't want and a rookie coach coming off a 6-10 season. WTF is there to complain about?

What's next? Another thread or 2 about how we are not getting enough respect from the media.

• High Five High Five x 7
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That argument is terrible. Of course Britt wasn't good with the past QBs, they were terrible. Almost every good WR has a good QB.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Britt is a BEAST, regardless of who is throwing to him.

The saying is your WR is only as good as your QB, but with Britt, it's the other way around.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Both are a position that depend on one another more than any other IMO. Very rarely will you see a standout at one position and not see one on the other side. I think the latest to do that may be Brady before Moss and Welker came into their own.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

^

Yeah, I've been thinking that with the way the ball is spread around, this offense is becoming Pats circa 2003, moreso without Britt. I'm really excited our O-Line, despite it's run-blocking woes, can pass-block enough to rejuvenate Hasselbeck.

I saw the updated stats and Hasselbeck has the 3rd highest completion % in the league behind Rogers and Brady, and he's 6th in yards.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Seriously won of the best posts I've ever seen.

I'm delighted we are 2-1, absolutely ecstatic! We can only get better as well, the penalties today were brutal and we probably would have lost to a half decent team. So what it's a W.

I think Munch knows what he'doing though and we'll trample the browns next week.

The minute teams stop stacking the box, CJ is gonna go nuts

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

EXACTLY - all the WRs look better with Hasselback throwing the ball. Stevens looked like Witten racing down the middle snatching the ball in stride.

8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

IN STRIDE. That's the most important part of this post. We now have an actual QB who can hit players in stride.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Great post.

My expectations coming into this season were pretty low but I've been pleasantly surprised. We can't expect to dominate teams by 20 points and go 14-2 this season.

We need to take it week by week and hopefully we can peak at the right time and make a run at this thing.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Don't Hassel the Beck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar