Happy McNair Day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I meant Tennessee Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I feel that there's a distinction between disabled and disallowed.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Sure, and probably a bit of Schwartz for that...but it was Fisher who openly stated that he always wanted to "keep it close and hope to win in the end".

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

eeeh - not a Titan so I don't count it. But of course you are correct technically.

Of course if you want to do that then Stabler and Blanda were Oilers. Although just for a few years. At least Blanda was in his prime as a QB slinging it around the AFL.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Who knows how much longer Eddie could have been as effective as well. I thoroughly believe that Fisher helped keep us from winning a championship and shortened some careers as well.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

without a doubt

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd have been fine with the shortened careers if it had actually resulted in a championship or two.

8. SDJB1980

SDJB1980 Starter

Think I'm gonna watch the A Football Life" episode again.

Don't think there will ever be a player with a bigger heart.

Been away on holiday so it's a belated RIP #9.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And I do blame coaching on McNair's statline a bit.

As seen in the Super Bowl- had Fisher let him play the entire game, we would have won- no question.

Instead he played Fisherball until he HAD to allow Steve to air it out... and he did it extremely well, but of course too little too late. That's all on Fish. Didn't trust his QB.

And there was a span of games when Dinger convinced Fish to open the playbook up and we scored about 40 ppg for a small streak... and then of course Fisher randomly closes the door on that style of play and it bites us as always.

With any other coach I say McNair has more of a career similar to Daunte Culpepper.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Same thing happened basically every playoff game McNair ever played in - except for the AFC Championship against the Raiders when we all knew we had no shot to begin with.

2003 was a prime example... Score 30+ points almost all year. Get to the playoffs and go uber conservative. Fisher is unreal.

And I'm not high-fiving the Culpepper part because that dude sucked hard other than a couple seasons. McNair only had a couple of great ones, but he didn't go into full suck mode like Culpepper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar