Hanynesworth Out of Shape

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Albert Haynesworth had four tackles and no sacks against the Giants Sunday.

Haynesworth looked out of shape, constantly coming off the field to catch his breath. He probably could have used some more snaps in the preseason but his performance had to leave Daniel Snyder wondering exactly what he paid $41 million guaranteed for.

lol another great Titan going down the pooper?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not surprised are you Tennessee fans? I felt some separation anxiety the day Haynesworth officially left Nashville, and then smacked myself back into a more appropriate feeling remembering exactly how many games Big Al actually made a difference in. To see Haynesworth on the sideline for most of the game (including when Jason Campbell's out blowing it) is no shocker. He's too big, and showed it in yesterdays game. Too fat and too rich is all he is. Give him til week 6 before he's out there justifying his contract if ever.

Now 4 tackles for a DT isn't bad except that they all came early in the game. Which is why this is such a fiasco. A guy like Haynesworth should be recording 6+ tackles, half behind the line of scrimmage and topping off each game with a sack. Not to see that happen seems like a 41 million dollar failure.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

He's just a little tired from carrying around that big sack of money

4. alabamawoody

alabamawoody Camp Fodder

Did somebody really think Albert was gonna take every snap???

5. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

Yes, all the Redskins fans did. I live in MD and almost my whole family cheers on the Redskins (no Ravens supporters thankfully), and I watched the game with a house full of Redskins fans yesterday. Of course, me being the sarcastic one I am, kept making comments about how "great" Haynesworth was doing. He looked like a fat slob and did not impress me at all. Well, that $2,562,500 in his pocket. Only another $38,437,500 to go. Good job with that Dan Snyder.

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

A little too early to be saying he isn't gonna amount to much this season. It is game one and he didn't play much in the preseason. He did a lot for us and I wish him the best of luck except for whenever we face him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

When Haynesworth is motivated by money he's the best defensive tackle in the game, when he's not motivated by money he is just another defensive tackle.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

or play every game. If he plays in all 16 games (or at least starts/shows up in uniform ready to play) this season, I'll be right surprised.

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

He was playing against the best Oline in football... just sayin'.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:ha: No he wasn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar