Halo 3 Review

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I finally got to play it thru, in spanish, but no less, I did it. I thought it was fun. But it was pretty much the same game as before. Nothing new. I had a really hard time in only one or two spots on heroic where I got caught with the wrong weapons. I thought those things crawling on the ceiling really made some levels very diffcult. My biggest problem area was when I got to that desert area ( Ark part 5) with the the three ridges you can drive on, with the road that leads up to the gun, and the blocked passage into the building. I lost my gunner, and was in one of those one wheeler things, so I had to take on a really tough level on foot with no support. There was no tank, no team members, nothing. It was brutal. If I can find pictures of my hardest spots I will post them.

I don't know what the ending means...I need to look it up.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

don't you dare reveal it either

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I think I figured out the ending. Well done.

I did my first online halo ever. It was pretty hard. I really suck bad at carry the skull. Really bad. But I've won one slayer because I got the invisible and the sword of death at the same time, and I won one capture the hill. Capture the hill is the easiest game for lone wolfs to win in my opinion. It' only a matter of time. I like the online pace. It's been pefected. But I would also like to see a slower, more thrilling version. For the most part it is shoot and dash and the pace is supr fast, with very little sit and wait. I'd like to see both styles become more prevalent. If you were in tall grass, or trees, maybe they could harness a slower game for sniper types and wratchet up the fear factor. A Darker, scarier land mass mught be interesting too. But overall, a lot of fun that will never get boring.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

man, it locks up on me every time in the same place
    I even started the game over and set it to a diffrerent difficulty to see if that'd help ... no chance
    I'm renting it (for now) thank god ... it's going back tomorrow

sure would like to get through it ... looks like it 'could' be interesting

probably gonna swap it out for Ratchet and Clank though

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Give up puck. If it's the same probem I had, you cannot fix it. There is no hope. You need a brand new xbox to get it to play thru. It's gotta be some kind of strange incompatibility between the game and your version of the 360. But you are not alone.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

bizarre
    there's nothing wrong with my box, as other games play through fine

how could a code in the game and the console not 'handshake' properly ?
    btw, the error was dirty disc
    checking the disc, I found no noticeable scratches, etc...

7. PhiSlammaJamma

This is the latest summary from the xbox306 forum, and you will find no answers in it.

-----
    For new people joining this thread.
    It has 2x more posts/pages than the next most popular H3 thread.

There is a problem. It is happening all over the world
    All three versions of the game have the same result for most.
    There are no simaliarties anyone has desquingested.
    There have been problems with Core, Pro Elite, even SE H3 consoles.
    The Phillips, Toshiba-Samsung, Benq drives have all been affected.
    20GB, 120GB, memory cards, and no memory have been tried.
    Some have tried High Def video, Standared video and HDMI, for the same DRE .

Microsoft will not acknowledge there is a problem in some 360's

Problem-
    Some get DRE through out campaigne. [floodgate alot]
    Some cannot play multiplayer. [all/some maps}
    Some get DRE after first cut screen of the game. [my console]

Affects-
    Some get random DRE with H3
    Some get screen freezing with H3
    Some get screen freezing with other games
    ---
    Some 360's will not read any games anymore. [read as DVD]
    Some have got red rings [3 is lethal]

Suggested Solutions- [MS]
    1) Clean disk with cotton swab/soft cloth
    2) Power cycle [unplug 30 sec / turn on]
    3) clear memory cache [dash board>system>memory>Y>X,X,LB,RB,X,X>yes]
    -if you clear cache updates for games will need to be applied again
    4) Create new gamertag [lose achievements]
    5) Play with memorycard [no luck here]
    6) Replace disk. [most of us have tried that] [Mine works fine in friends console]
    7) Get console repaired [$99 [US currency] if out of warranty
    some have still had problems after repair

Suggested Solutions [gamers]
    1) Play with High Def disconnected [less strain on video buffer]
    2) Clean disk with soap and water [my thought "its not the disk"]
    3) Play with no memory [no, shouldn't have to]
    4) Buy a new console [can I borrow $300]

My thoughts-
    This is a software/hardware conflict. Halo 3 [software] cannot be supported by one/many of the different 360 hardware variations [motherboard, processor, nvram, memory buffer etc.]
    Halo 3 is "officaly licensed for exclusive use with xbox 360"
    Therefore I believe it should be compatiable with all "officaly licensed Xbox 360 consoles".
    We (I) should not have to pay a repair fee just so that we can play a game that is guarenteed to work with 360 consoles, not just most. We (others) should not have to pay for repairs that an offical 360 game caused to priorly working consoles.

Microsoft will not acknowledge there is a problem in some 360's

Many have filed suits with the Better Business regarding this matter. https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx
    Company involved:
    Microsoft/Xbox
    1 Microsoft Way
    Redmond WA 98052

More and more are emailing [email protected] with personal information so we can present a class action lawsuit against the providers [MS]

It is their fault for using different internal hardware componets in there product and not testing all the different variations that have been released to the consumers.

All I want is for them to right their wrong and show a paying customer [me/all of us] just a little touch of respect.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ you're right ... no help
    but at least I see that someone else is experiencing the same thing

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I FINALLY finished the fight on Legendary last night. I'm not the best Halo player ever (biggest understatement of the year), so I pretty much had to endure hundreds of deaths. Luckily, we had four people playing at the same time and one who would always stay back so that we could respawn there if we died.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Can you beat legendary as a lone wolf. I plan to try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar