Halo 3 Review

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Are you just pulling my leg Gunny? All rpg's are the same, just different story. All 3rd person perspective action games are the same, just a different story. Of course, I'm kidding :suspect:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So you are saying Metal Gear Solid is the same as Resident Evil? (both are action games)

God of War the same as Grand Theft Auto? (both classed as Action Adventure)

Final Fantasy XII isn't the same as Rogue Galaxy.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Of course those games aren't the same. That's my point. FPS's aren't all the same as well. I guess you weren't being sarcastic. I was :rimshot:

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Ughhhh. I am having no luck with Halo3.

First, I accidentally buy the spanish game.
    Second, I go buy the english version
    Third, the english version has scratches on it
    Fourth, the scratched disk won't save ( cut scene crash ), even tho it does play
    Fifth, I get frustrated and play the spanish version
    Sixth, now the spanish version won't save ( cut scene crash ).

WTF!!!

Every other game works perfectly fine. This is definately a Halo 3 issue. Ughhh. I've made it past the first cut scene too. It just won't save or let me get past a cut scene. I'm about ready to quit trying. I'm not buying another disk, cause the problem seems to carry over once it is created on the hard drive no matter what disk you have. I even deleted the file to try again. Same problem. Arggg!!! I'm probably never going to play this game.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The game gods don't want you to play Halo obviously.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

send the English v. back to Microsoft (i'm assuming you got one of the LEgendary copies that suffered the "scratch")
    not sure why a Spanish copy and a US copy are having the same issues
    are there separate game profiles for both games ?
    if so, delete them both and try again .. from scratch

I was having a similar issue with Gears of War where it was freezing at LOAD SAVED GAME and a previous save (thankfully, I'd just started the game) I had to start back from the beginning though and delete the previous save IN GAME not through the 'dashboard' ..... that fixed it

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Puck, thanks for the advice, but it's bigger than that now. I noticed on the Xbox forum that there are thousands of us now with the same problem. And there will be more to come I have no doubt. We tried your theory of deleting, and while it can help, it does not solve the issue. I just bought the regular old Halo3 and not the special edition. And the real error is actually a disc read error that we are all getting when it goes to save or goes to a cut scene. Most of us get this at mission one. No solutions yet on the forum either. xbox is not commenting yet, but they know it's a problem if they read their forum. ugghh. It was fun while it lasted too. This is the worst release ever. xbox is hurting. The scratches are like a whole other problem they are having too. I think my error is stricly a coding problem of some sort but then again, why didn't everyone get it, only a large group. It's really strange.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14663/Halo-3-Disc-Read-Error-Driving-Gamers-Mad-UPDATED-/

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

good luck
    if all else fails, wrap your 360 in a blanket - set it on carpet
    no wait a minute,... it's just a disc, not the unit right ?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol @ Microsoft.

10. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I was playing Halo 3 yesterday and enjoying it. But finally, after buying the 360 on the first day available and keeping it horizontal and not playing it for marathon stretches (in other words babying the machine) the red ring of death appeared. Good thing I rented Halo (which is undamaged by the way). At least it didn't cut out until I finished Bioshock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar