Halloween Season - Props, Haunts, Events etc.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I prefer no string lights, I like a flood light shinning off in the distance, not too bright but just enough to safely navigate my walk way

I put a bluetooth speaker in a small pale and hang it above the door, sounds great in that pale

2. JCBRAVE

I use battery powered lights inside my storm door and front door to keep from having wires coming out and looking bad during Xmas

3. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I quit going to those after high school. I get aggravated at people in costumes that try to get in your face with props. Also you have grown ups that act like damn kids that try to run or scream their lungs out.

The times I did go, they were cool though. I remember the Haunted Hospital back in the day. Not sure if that's what it was called, but we all called it that.

4. JCBRAVE

If youre doing a haunted house its better sticking to the smaller ones. The ones at theme parks are just too busy, I cant get scared if theres people everywhere, something in my brain is like dude theres 50,000 people here nothing bad can happen... But at smaller less popular ones you get more separated which makes me feel more vulnerable ..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I like the ones in the woods in the middle of nowhere. They usually allow no more than 15-20 people walk through at a time.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah I hear that.. Honestly many of the gags would be better if there was no actor at all. Just let me hang out there for a while soaking it all in.
    Maybe one actor - and you never know where he is. That would be more scary to me than one behind every door..

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Slaughterhouse paces it out so you don't mix with previous parties so much.
    But I agree - if its like Disney it's hard to escape the crowds.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

We don't get trick or treaters in Montgomery much.

Probably because everyone dressed as a ghost is assumed to be KKK and kids don't go out here because ghetto and Bible thumping.

I walked out of a service last year when the preacher said dressing your kids up for Halloween is devil worship.

People are just the worst.

Halloween is my favorite holiday.

We have haunted hay rides and walks in the woods. Pretty fun.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I've done a number of different bulbs and yard floods over the years and more recently switched to these 3 watt LEDs. They are super cheap. Use almost no electricity (and put off pretty much no heat).
    And best part - they look better than all the others.
    Plug into a regular clip-mounted pan reflector fixture and you have some great portable Halloween lighting..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Preachers are the worst, period. They won't stop preaching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar