Halla-freakin-loua! Fisher moving away from the zone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think you must panic the qb to force him into poor decisions and throws. And the sacks make every other down difficult if you can get them. So there's no risk in my opinion. Pressure should be a given. I think shotgun qb's can beat pressure, like Brady and Manning, because they can see the field and be decisive, but most every other team should be destroyed by it if we can apply it.

I'm all for the Buddy Ryan defense regardless of the personnel we have.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yes, a big-time pass rusher is going to help but I saw a lot of QBs taking three-step drops and hitting someone in stride in space between zone defenders. Our CBs are not disrupting the timing playing five and seven yards off the LOS. Even when a tackle is made immediately, it's a 7 to 12-yard gain. The Colts feast on this.

The Titans were too concerned about giving up the big play. With a big lead late, I go for that but on third-and-three? The end result was the Titans gave up more big passing TDs than just about anyone in the league.

Where the Titans must find pressure is up the middle. Having to throw over a guard or center in your face because the DT is getting a push does more in the first three seconds than what a DE can do. Jones needs to stay healthy next season.

Few teams in the league get consistent pressure from their front four. The Titans need to do a better job here but, unless the corners can disrupt and cover until the DL can get to the QB, the problem won't get fixed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

4. Big Time Titan

Excellent post Big Kahuna. I concur. I wanna see more of Jason Jones because he's been impressive. He's got some long arms and has the awareness to get his hands up and bat the ball down which forces a lot of bad quick throws and the occasional pick. Dunta Robinson or Leigh Bodden would help upgrade the CB spot.

Wasn't Adalius Thomas a beast DE/LB for Baltimore at some point. Or does he suck now? I have read and seen on tv that he's gonna get cut by New England. Would he be good fit here? He sounds like a versatile defensive player from what they say about him on tv.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

pacman anyone???? haha

6. Big Time Titan

Where do we sign?

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

i will say this now, we were tied for 18th in sacks with like four other teams i think. And im pretty sure were up in the upper half in qb pressures if not in the top 10!!

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Harper has lost a step or 2 (or 3), and the loss of Big Al just made it that much more obvious. He's never been strong in man coverage, either... so just his presence dictates much of what we can/can't do on defense, and I think that's the #1 hole on defense right now. You don't necessarily need to replace Harper with a 1st round pick, though. If Jones and Brown stay healthy they can mask some secondary weakness, and Mouton could fit in just fine. A solid pass rusher - either inside or outside - would be a big help and might be easier to hit on in the draft.

9. Big Time Titan

I don't like the idea of taking a CB in the 1st. We should go DE/DT/ or LB instead.

Leigh Bodden or Dunta Robinson are my picks for CB. I'm pretty sure we lean toward DL in round 1 so that should be interesting to see who'll still be on the board at #16.

I'm just know one thing for sure, I'm excited as can be about the future of Titans football. Anybody else with me on that?

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I've seen several people make posts that say the same thing as this.

Why are people so sure that Mouton or McCourty can't be effective in a starting role? We haven't seen anywhere close to enough of either to judge them. Yeah, they played in that one terrible game. The were rookies!

Not long ago, the Titans were putting a young 7th round pick name Cortland Finnegan out on the field as a starting CB. How did that turn out?

I trust the coaches and their ability to develop Mouton and/or McCourty into effective starters.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar