Halla-freakin-loua! Fisher moving away from the zone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

"Prevent" defense only "prevents" one thing from happening... Your team winning.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Thank you Jeff Fisher your coming around slowly according to your words this offseason now prove it. For example let Nick Harper Walk.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Sounds like Fisher might actually start blitzing. An OLB who can blitz effectively would be a very interesting draft pick. Has anyone even really considered that for the Titans? I don't mean a pure rushing 3-4 OLB, but maybe just a 4-3 OLB who has pass-rushing skills as well as run-stopping skills.

I still think the pick is a DE, though, and that the defensive scheme won't change much.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

According to his statement it should change from less zone more press on the outside along with more blitzing. A big change from our defense last year.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think his comments were vague enough that it could mean almost anything. "Pressure" can come from a lot of different places on a defense.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Does not believe or trust Jeff Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 5
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Something's fishy with this Fisher fella. I hope he drafts a corner and other defensive guys, but he'll probably get another RB and Center.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Let's hope so, though old habits die hard. That's one sentence of an article...

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

"Kerry Collins gives us the best chance to win"

(crickets chirp after VY wins 8 of 10)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar