Hall of Fame for McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #1TitansFan, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Yes, but he was just moving across town. Playing in Houston in 1996 when Houstonians knew they were leaving. Playing in Memphis in 1997 when Memphis knew they werent staying for long. Memphis just got their first major league team 2 or 3 years ago. In 1998, they played at Vandy to home crowds of 30,000 or smaller most of the time.
    All 3 years the Oilers went 8-8, amazing for not being able to play in the same home stadium for consecutive years.
    In 1999, we went 13-3, playing in the stadium built for the Titans. Sure the players were better, but the home crowds of 68000, surely didnt hurt.

Other teams have injuries yes, but when you lose 160+ games to starters in a season, a 5-11 team can be expected.

2. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

Actually there are both.

Not sure how many club seats there are, but the lower level between the
    40's on each side are all club seats.
    There are also suites all the way around the Dome on the 2nd level. They are sold out and there's a waiting list for them.

Back on topic: No way McNair's going to the HOF, IMO.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller's dishonest numbers..

I'm not sure how starkiller's numbers make any point for him. The arguement is about so called large markets vs small and starkiller's stupid contention that the poor helpless expo like titans can't compete. Bullcrap!

2004 top 15 rankings in revenues according to forbes.

1. Redskins
    2. Cowboys
    3. Texans
    4. pats
    5. Eagles
    6. Broncos
    7. Browns
    8.Bears
    9. Bucs
    10. Ravens
    11. Dolphins
    12. Packers
    13. Lions
    14. Titans
    15. Steelers

Note- no correlation whatsoever between market population and revenue meaning the concept of "small market" is bullcrap!

Note-No correlation between revenues and winning on the field. Did being 2 and 3 in revenues in 2004 make dallas and houston playoff teams in 2005? 9 of the top 15 revenue makers did not make the playoffs.

Note-The smallest market, green bay is ranked 12th while the largest market the giants are ranked 20th.

Note- The colts were not even in the top 25 in revenues in 2004. The jags just 21st. Once again debunking the starkiller delusion that the titans have too small a market to compete.

I do agree with starkiller's new stadium premise but don't the titans have a new stadium? Starkiller himself sits in those same club seats he considers so essential as a revenue base. So what is the point?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maximus...

a 5-11 team can be expected.
    ------------------------

That's just my point, a great coach does more than just what is expected. We could have had any of the coaches who were just fired and won 9 games with them the last 2 years. Tice, mularkey, mooch, haslett, sherman. You can't tell me any of those guys couldn't have won 4 games this year. Any bozo could have pulled 4 wins out of that team.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

Sorry Starkiller...couldn't resist...:lol3:

6. Rolltide, I didn't ever suggest big market vs. small market as such a literal translation. It's pretty well used terminology, even though it really comes from it's use in other sports where there isn't NFL-style revenue sharing. Hell, I only even said it 1 time, so you are the one who has been using the term "small market", not me.

I have specifically mentioned stadium revenues, not market size. So you're fighting the wrong argument, again.

I never suggested otherwise using the current system. As I've said multiple times above, the difference in revenues will only make a significant impact if 2007 becomes an uncapped year.

Well, considering that it's been my premise all along, it's nice to see that you agree with me once again despite the fact that you keep arguing with me anyway...

7. Don't apologize, that one was pretty good... :ha:

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Note - "large market / small market" is not based soley on population of that city. It is the city, the surrounding areas it draws in, the median income, etc....

Now, to try and get this train wreck back on the track...........
    I would like to see #9 in the HOF, but I don't see it happening. Unless....he signs a 2 year deal and wins a Superbowl in 1 or both of those seasons. Unfortunately, the hall voters seem to be enamoured with Superbowl rings.

9. alstate75

alstate75 Guest

I believe that the McNair HOF possibility is borderline. A 2nd or 3rd year selection MAYBE.. conservative offense to blame. The "three yards and a cloud of dust philosophy" may leave us wondering what could have been... if they consistently had the personnel to pass like they did in his MVP season.

10. wg53

wg53 Starter

And once again you bore us with your nonsensical drivel.
    5-11 wasn't expected....it is what happens when you have the most injuries of any team in over a decade. We were a JV team playing a varsity schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar