Half-Life 2 : The Orange Box

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

almost done with Episode One (been real busy)
    it's pretty good but I hear Episode Two is much better
    still haven't played Portal, hear it's a blast

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I got the thing, and have only played online TF2.

And I have to say, it is a huge disappointment.

After uncounted years of expecting TF2 to be an expanded and improved version of TFC, it turns out that it is only a stripped down, feature deprived version of TFC with better graphics.

Those jerks "decided" to take grenades out of the game.
    The claim is that it eliminated grenades spam. That could be done with proper game design.
    Instead, we now have much weaker classes.
    No EMP for the Engineer.
    No conc 'nades for medics and no caltrops for scouts.
    No incendiary rockets for the pyro, and no incendiary 'nades for them either.

This game is nothing that should have taken years to develop.

They did beef up a new medic ability, and made spies invisible.
    So while they weakened some classes, they made the spy able to take out any engy construct without dying, and made the medic/HW combo irrationally imbalanced.

And the maps are the same old maps.

This totally sucks. This might fool console gamers into thinking it is a "great value" but for those of us who have been playing HL for about a decade, this can only be described as a disappointment.

I don't care how great Portal is, they need to fix TF2.

If they can't improve it, then they should have just left all the original features intact.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

As an avid HL2 and TeamFortress player.. I found the Orange Box to be both refreshing and extremely fun to play.. I loved the Team Fortress 2 and Portal is ingenious. I would love to see a FPS use the Portal concept in the future..

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I just don't get the point in this 'orange box' deal. It goes back to that "just because something is at a good price, doesn't mean there's a reason to buy it" saying. Half Life 2 is old. Don't really care to spend 60 bucks for something that should have been downloadable content for it.
    Then you've got Portal, a game that is about as interesting as a rubix cube. Sure, it might entertain you for a minute, just because it's a challenge, but in the end?
    And Team Fortress. Online only? And there's nothing really here either. They advertised the game, but didn't really make us look forward to playing it, because the teasers and trailers didn't really show us anything about the game itself.

So while people say it's 3 games in 1. It's more like 3 halves of games in one haha.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

No, No and more No

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

How can you love the lack of grenades?

And the uber medic lets respawn spam happen, so they haven't "fixed" the gameplay.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

grenades were never a real sticking point for me even in the 1st one..

I usually played the Spy/Sniper class in TF1 and I will say one thing I don't like about the 2nd TF is the Sniper's lack of FirePower

Uber Meidics.. so be it.. I don't really see a problem with the respawn spam

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Whoa, dude...I didn't want to start a huge debate. Take your logic and drawn out rebuttals to a creation vs evolution forum.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

The Orange Box (dated or not) is still one of the best value and enjoyables experience that is available on consoles to date
    and for anyone new to the HalfLife universe, it's a must own

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

wha?.. i wasn't the one that dedicated an entire paragraph to it...

.. I was just too lazy to get into such a meaningless argument...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar