Hakeem Nicks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by nate42104, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

Barden reportedly had a hard time separating in the Senior bowl practices, but most of the scouts that I have read agreed that he has good hands. I have yet to see anyone project him as high as the 2nd round after seeing him play against better competition, and both sporting new's war room and Scouts, inc (Espn) think he will be a mid to late round pick right now. He would probably need to run faster than a 4.6 or at least have a good split in order to change a lot of minds.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think if he breaks 4.6, he goes in two, but I think he will anyway. Separation is a problem, but catching even without separation isn't so much. I don't know how he fared at the Senior Bowl, but 50TDs in any division says a lot.

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2009/showplayer.php?key=Ramses Barden

This website has him as the 4th best receiver coming out

1)Crabtree
    2)Maclin
    3)Hayward-Bey
    4)Barden
    5)Harvin
    6)Massaquoi
    7)Nicks, but he's rising
    8)Louis Murphy, the other FL WR, 6'2 205 4.35 for those who didn't realize
    9)Demetrius Byrd
    10)Kenny Britt

Robiskie, Gibson, Iglesias all rank 13-15, respectively.

Walterfootball projects him in the 3-4th, but once this thing gets really going (Combine, Pro Day, team workouts) I think he's going up.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'll add, if we could get him in 4, I'd be thrilled.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There's no possible way Barden is selected before Nicks. No competition, no speed...just doesn't work that way.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's a list from a board, Gloat. I didn't say Barden would go before Nicks. Nicks right now is set to go in one, and by all accounts, I think he will. Barden will be lucky to reach the 2nd, but we'll see how the workouts and evals go. He's been a "sleeper" since last year with the first 18 TD season in 2007, which means teams are aware of him. The buzz will get him going in about a month or two. We'll see what his weaknesses really are, but some team is not going to wait long to draft the biggest receiver in the draft with perhaps the most yardage and definitely the most TDs out of all the prospects coming out.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ah, I didn't read above the list. Just skimmed and thought that was the projected-to-go-when list.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

S'all good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar