Had The Texans picked up Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Actually he did have that excuse lol. It's no coincidence his QB rating skyrocketed after getting CJ and Britt.

2. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

:sad2::sad2:

You still don't get it.

How was Miami doing with Henne?

Seattle? Jags? KC?

Oh yeah, their qb situation sucks.

Guess Mike Lombardi needs to revise the "Vincent Young can not throw from the pocket based on sources around the league" book.

No one pays attention to the Titans period. Think I'm going to listen to a couple of talking heads that bring up the Cowboys every five minutes to tell me how a Titan's player is making progress?

Face it....we got bamboozled.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

cause you Lub him

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

rofl, and how many games has Hasselbeck played this year vs Young last year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Given Shannahan/Fisher friendship I would very surprised if he landed with the skins, and the Bills gave Ryan Fitzpatrick a big contract extension so I think they'll stay with him even with his late season decline.

I'll honestly be pretty real shocked if Vince ends up a starter anywhere next season.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think VY has a decent shot at starting for some team in 2012. Sure, nobody is just going to sign him and hand over the keys. But I think there are a handful of starters out there right now who he could potentially beat out for the job. Personally, I think he'd be a nice stopgap for a rebuilding Browns team. They can't possibly believe that McCoy is their guy going forward. And if they do, a little healthy competition might do him some good. IMO McCoy isn't going to win you as many games as VY will.

As for Hasselbeck vs. Young, I'll take Hass every single time. Sure his deep ball sucks... bad. But if the game is on the line I'd rather have the smart, savvy 10+ year veteran running the show. I was a VY fan while he was here but let's face it, the guy just cannot be trusted on a consistent basis. He's extremely fun to watch when he's rolling but it's not worth the anxiety of never knowing which VY is going to show up. He's the kinda guy you'd be lucky to have as your #2. But I don't think he'll ever be more than than a stopgap starter in this league. He's had plenty of time to develop into a true franchise QB and he simply hasn't done enough. And only so much of it can be put on Fisher (as much as it pains me to take up for Fisher in even the smallest of ways).

I know Hass has made his fair share of mistakes this season. But let's not forget, he has basically had to carry this team on his back for a good chunk of the year. Britt goes down early, Jekyll & Hyde defense, CJ2YPC, etc. It hasn't been an easy road for him. I've certainly cursed his name during a few games but overall he's done an excellent job with what he's had to work with.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think Houston should have signed him, glad they didn't though. I mean aside from labeling the Eagles the "Dream Team", Vince hasn't in anyway been a problem for them. And at that time, they did look pretty amazing, signing everyone and their mama's.

Schuab may not be a great QB, but no way could anyone have ever predicted they'd need another QB of Vince's caliber.

Foster hasn't played every game, his numbers are down cause he's missed several games.
    Gabbert sucks, said that since last December when it was obvious we would need a QB. Vince could land there.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Im not denying his past. I just don't understand where the entitlement term comes from. He isn't walking around with the notion he is the best QB and deserves to start anywhere. He never comes off as a arrogant person to me. The hotel incident was a bonehead move but i don't get where "entitlement" comes to play.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It may not be warranted, but the entitlement thing exists with Vince. He's always up until the NFL, been that guy. The guy who's been able to put the team on his back and carry them to a victory. Now that's not the case, and once Vince realized that, he pouted and didn't give it his all. Because now his all isn't enough, and it makes him go in a shell at times when things aren't going his way. That's where fans get the idea that he's selfish.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

how many designed runs has hasselbeck had?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar