guys, please, i am asking you all.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kimberly, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how did it stunt mcnair? mac has said himself that it helped him.

if anything stumped his growth it was les steckle's offense. i think the george right, george left, six yard pass to wycheck game plan was what stumped mac's growth.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

And in regards to yesterday, the point wasn't starting. It was letting Young play through the INT, cause heck, he was perfect before that, whereas Collins was not. Putting Young in a for an extra series or two, or Volek in later, could have been the difference between a W or a L.

Fisher stubbornly opted for the L without giving the team a chance.

I'm not calling for his head, and I'm not saying the team won't be better off without Collins (but it's a close one there), but Fisher needs to make better decisions. The season is underway. You can't just write it off.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that has more to do with instincts than experience, imo. drew bledsoe gets nailed five or six times a week. he's been in the league for a while.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yes, and all the players said Collins was fine yesterday. :eek:

McNair wasn't going to bash anyone here at that point in time. They should have tested him deep when he still had his accuracy on the deep ball. Yeah, Steckel's O was a big part of it, but that's how Fisher wanted to play ball. He surely wasn't using all of McNair's talents, and didn't fully until the end of the so-called day.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm sorry. I thought I was clear in my earlier post. I am an advocate of spot work. I do not think now is the time for him to start. I see him getting worked into games... kinda weening him so to speak... practice a whole, whole lot with the first team and if he's not there yet, come Sunday let Collins do his things. (which is sucking hardcore of course) ... I know it sounds weak... He just needs work... work at BSP and spot work at LP. Nice and easy. There is a very good chance we are gonna select in the top 5 of the draft. It is the natural cycle of FA era football. Just show up at the games. I'll drive 250 miles roundtrip each game day. We will see Vince Young. Just here and there and then more and more. There is a good chance he'll get a start in a month or two. I really like the possibility of right after the bye.

I do think that Vince Young should have been sent into the game right after the Jets challenge of the spot... you know... the very end. I would have set Vince Young up 1st and 10 from the Jets, what? 14? After the TD I would have gone for two. Yesterday I would have kicked the point... Today in hindsight I would have gone for the win. I didn't like our chances for OT. I don't care how pitiful their kicker was.

Do you think I know how to ramble? :lol:

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, Bledsoe got it pretty good yesterday.

7. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

I agree to let Vince play through the INT

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thank you. Fisher is too cautious. I think he's having trouble seeing the forest for the trees.

I hope Bud chewed his @$$ out first thing this morning!

9. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

You know, I am not against bringing Collins in. I am against the time that they did bring him in though. Any coach knows that replacing your starting QB a week or so before your first game is a panic move. If they would have brought in Collins right after McNair was traded, I could see things being differently right now. Now that the brilliant FO and coaching squad has gotten the franchise in this situation, they should be playing smart football to get out of what they can. Fisher played Sunday as if it was another pre-season game for getting Collins some practice. A coach with more sense would have started Billy Volek and let Collins soak in the plays and speed of the Titans offense. Since Volek knows the playbook and has chemistry with the receivers, he would have probably done better than Collins. Volek's chances were rather limited in pre-season to one quarter and a non-existent running game. Only guys like Peyton Manning can excel in those situations. Collin's may get better with time, but IT'S TOO LATE! The Titans are 0-1 right now. The Chargers are next week and they are no pushover. Collin's training session will resume next Sunday and we will most likely see a more lopsided score at the final. That is, unless Fisher decides to start Volek or Young. Young is getting comfortable out there, but still needs some seasoning. Yes, he gets the team excited as well as the fans, but he is still in need of some work... not much. I am for Young starting as soon as possible. I think that he could step in and take over after 8 games. I believe that he would do well in that scenario. You have to ask yourself if Collins will take a backseat after playing 8 games... probably mostly lost games if he doesn't progress faster. I don't see it happening. This will be a frustrating season for Titans fans and players as well. I am about tired of "rebuilding" seasons. Show me something that has been rebuilt so far after 2 years, Fisher.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm with you there. I've been saying the same thing. Collins in sooner might have played out alright, but even with him sitting in Nashville for 3 months before signing him produces nothing if he's not practicing. I have to label this as "the dumbest thing Fisher has done so far" that he has had complete control over.

I've posted verbatim that Fisher treated yesterday's game, as you stated, a preseason game, or a live practice session, to the detriment of the team. Fisher will lose the locker room worse than he did last year with Pacman.

This is why oh why I hope Bud comes in to set Fisher straight, because Fisher has backed us into a corner where playing Vince Young is the best option at this point, if they don't want to play Volek, which I believe he did purely for spite. And if that's the case, he might deserve to lose the team.

To give the BOD, maybe Fish is setting it up so he HAS to play Vince Young, but that's pointless, because once he brought in Collins, that was inevitable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar