Gulf oil spill worse than anyone is admitting?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Starkiller, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they only care about getting elected

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Come on, Hoffa. Haven't you heard? Barry installed an "Oil Spill" Czar earlier this week. Everything is under control.

3. What the hell is the government going to do? We don't even have a single sub that can reach the well. And there isn't an organization on Earth with any experience in stopping a gusher like this a mile underwater.

BP has to fix this because they have the tech to reach it. With the exception of Exxon, there isn't anyone else with a better shot at doing it. And as the only fix appears to be a relief well to cut this one off, it HAS to be an oil company.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

You're telling me there's no other company that specializes in engineering or related areas that can't do SOMETHING to help? I find that ridiculous to believe. It's not like BP has a handle on it anyways, so why can't someone else try? Christ, the next "idea" BP has isn't going to be ready until July, and what if that fails? *******. Pathetic.

5. Who else is going to drill a well over a mile deep but an oil company?

As I pointed out, the rupture is unrepairable.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You're completely right. The only responsibility the federal government has is to make sure BP fixes the mess. I wish both sides of the aisle would just shut up. But, every single disaster has to be turned into political capital or political fodder. It'd be nice to have representatives who didn't believe their sole purpose was to make the other guy look bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Barry plans on fixing it by making sure your next car is solar powered, and I hope you enjoyed air conditioning and adequate heat in the winter cause Barry's gonna take that from you too. The upside is that without an economy at least I will have more time to enjoy life, such that it will be.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm talking about skimmers and ships to keep the oil from reaching the shore, there are tons of those that Obama hasn't OK'd to come in and help save the shoreline...

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I just wish they'd save all the pissing and moaning until after they get it stopped..but christ, we're at like 60+ days..I don't understand how or why everyone's just sitting and waiting for BP when they've failed so much. You can say they are the only ones that can drill or whatever, but there's support measures other companies/organizations could do to lessen the hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar