Guitarists: Seymour Duncan P-Rails

Discussion in 'Gear' started by GLinks, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

clean mode ? wth is that ?
    you gotta remember , I play hard rock. I like gritty, sustainable nastiness

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hard Rock is all about the tone.. The hotter the PU the further you get from true guitar tone.
    Sustain can be had in other more "natural" ways..

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you been listening to alot of hard rock lately ?
    it's no longer about the tone

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And that's supposed to be a good thing?

Honestly, we get booked with "modern" hard rock and metal bands all the time and they come in with their hi-gain amps and hot rodded guitars and end up sounding like a sh*t sandwich. A total indescribable wall of crap. Not heavier, not angrier - just a shrill noisy mess. There is an art to getting a band "sound" be it heavy or whatever and when bands start figuring it out it's usually after they start getting away from all the "hot" gear...

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I dig what you're saying, CC... on the other hand, I've heard plenty bands who relied so much on guitar and amp tone that they all sound like generic Joe Jackson knockoffs.

It's all subjective. I like jamming alone with full shred distortion; but when other players enter the picture, the notes get lost in that wall of noise you're talking about... gotta cut it back then.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

All bets are off if you're just jamming alone..

7. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I've liked every Duncan I've used. Favorite is probably the JB, and the Vintage rail in my P.R.S. I have an "Everything Axe" set in one of my G&L's they're O.K.

My favorite right now is Rio Grande's Dual Calibrated set in a G&L Legacy. Awesome pickup's!

I have an old Ibanez Talman, (solid body, not the crappy acoustic) with Kent Armstrong lipsticks. Gets some killer twang out of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar