Guido & Vinnie with a new twist on things

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Oct 23, 2007.

?
  1. For several reasons, I'll take the Raiders +8.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Either QB starting, I'll take the Titans -8

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. I'll take the twist, Young -6 or Collins -8, Titans win.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. I'll take the reverse, Young -8 or Collins -6, Titans win.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Just when you think Vegas is "3 french fries short of a Happy Meal", they pull a stunt like they did last week. Most of the week, Vegas had the Houston Tennessee game listed as "Off the Board", but listing Houston as the favorite. Then at the last minute, they changed their minds and said that Tennessee is the favorite. They listed the game Houston -1 1/2 and -2.
    Watching the game, (the first 3 quarters), I thought Vegas had blown this call. Little did I know how close they really were!
    Now, back to Guido & Vinnie. They do have a new twist on things. They are saying that at this early in the week, the Raiders game is showing up anywhere from Raiders -7 to Raiders -8. There is no love for Oakland in this game.
    The twist came when speaking to Vinnie. Vinnie says that he would agree with those odds, Raiders -8, ONLY if Collins was the QB. If VY is the QB, he would post the odds as Raiders -6. Vinnie says this has everything to do with VY's immaturity vs Collins'. "Vince will be a great QB.......some day. Right now he's going through some growing pains". He also pointed out that Collins would LOVE to slaughter his old team.
    Guido doesn't agree or disagree with Vinnie. He said the same thing I've been hearing about Collins' 46 yard strike to set up the winning field goal. "Vince couldn't have made that throw". "Vince can throw short and is a running threat but has proved very little throwing deep". "Collins has proved that the Titans receivers are capable of catching deep strikes. Now they have to get Vince to where he can throw them and be accurate".
    Neither Guido or Vinnie would give the Raiders any chance of winning this game. "I believe the odds would still be around -7 if the game was played in Oakland" Vinnie said.
    My take, it's very much a Win as long as the Titans take the game seriously. If they decide on putting up 14 points and go into their laidback mode, they might get bit in the arse.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I had to take Vinnies 'twist'. I believe that Vince will start. The 'twist' gives the Raiders 6 points if Vince starts instead of 8. Nothing to do with Vince or Kerry, I just like the odds better.
    Do I believe Vince could have made that same 46 yard strike that Kerry made? No. I don't think he could. Some day................

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'll take the Titans, but at this point can't even come close to predicting the score... I'll be happy to have Vince back. He can win us this game, and improve in the process...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar